British and Irish Lions Tour - 2013

Caveman said:
shevtheblue said:
Is rugby always this boring?
Rugby YAWNion is.

Great try from the rugby league lad, Isreal Falou, there. On his way back to league when he gets a contract.
So you can move between versions of the game? There seems to be a big athletic difference between some of these players, it's almost unfair.

citykev28 said:
Rugby Union paggers Rugby League at International level.
It does but you've got to remember reasons why. Part of that is because back in the 60s-80s Welshmen who wen to play league were hammered by the press and couldn't get jobs back in Union after going to play league. For a while they wouldn't even get jobs of any sort back in Wales. The French Govt banned rugby league, labelling it "a game for rogues" for a long while when it seemed RL was overtaking RU in France.

But the best rugby team of either code are the Kangaroos and the best rugby competition of either code is the NRL (RU players even say that!) and, for me, the best rugby spectical of either code - it's one of the best specticals in sport, full stop - is rugby league's State of Origin series between Queensland and NSW.

-- Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:01 pm --

shevtheblue said:
Caveman said:
shevtheblue said:
Is rugby always this boring?
Rugby YAWNion is.

Great try from the rugby league lad, Isreal Falou, there. On his way back to league when he gets a contract.
So you can move between versions of the game? There seems to be a big athletic difference between some of these players, it's almost unfair.
Isreal Falou grew up as a rugby league player, played for Brisbane Broncos at first grade and also was picked for Queensland and the Kangaroos. He then got offered a huge contract to play Aussie Rules for a few years and then got offered another huge contract to ay in French Rugby Union. He's waiting for another big contract in rugby league again where he wants to stay and finish his career (he's still quite young anyway).

Sonny Bill Williams has just moved back to RL from RU, too.

Brian Carney who is a commentator for Sky on RL's Super League played Gaelic Football in Ireland, Irish RU, RL for Wigan, then Aussie RU, Aussie Rules then back to RL with Hull and Wire.

This is a bold statement but best International game of the year so far, beats any of the 6 nations games of 2013. 2 outstanding tries from Folau and North.

That wave from North was hilarious. Love it, being on the 2nd half.

foxy said:
This is a bold statement but best International game of the year so far, beats any of the 6 nations games of 2013. 2 outstanding tries from Folau and North.

To be fair, whenever any of the southern hemisphere teams play, it's worth a watch. As for the 6 nations, you can sit through 80 mins of tedium without a try being scored.

Any chance Manchester will ever get a RL team?

One that would be in the Aviva Prem and PRofessional, I don't mean the Mancunians RL.

Would find it interesting if we (ADUG) started a team and had it playing at the Etihad.

In Sky Blue colours of course :-D

Why Always Ste said:

One that would be in the Aviva Prem and PRofessional, I don't mean the Mancunians RL.

Would find it interesting if we (ADUG) started a team and had it playing at the Etihad.

I can't see a RL team playing in the Aviva Prem no matter what colour they played in.

Why Always Ste said:

Sale?

Caveman said:
It does but you've got to remember reasons why. Part of that is because back in the 60s-80s Welshmen who wen to play league were hammered by the press and couldn't get jobs back in Union after going to play league. For a while they wouldn't even get jobs of any sort back in Wales. The French Govt banned rugby league, labelling it "a game for rogues" for a long while when it seemed RL was overtaking RU in France.

But the best rugby team of either code are the Kangaroos and the best rugby competition of either code is the NRL (RU players even say that!) and, for me, the best rugby spectical of either code - it's one of the best specticals in sport, full stop - is rugby league's State of Origin series between Queensland and NSW.

I never knew any of that, thanks. A really interesting post and has intrigued me. When is the State of Origin match, is it on Sky and is there any reason why I might want to support one team over the other?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.