British and Irish Lions Tour - 2013

There's my point bout it being a shit game,had a chance to get the ball out of the scrum and just launch it down the field,fucked about gave a penalty away and look what happens..................................thank fuck he misses !!!!!

citykev28 said:
Caveman said:
It does but you've got to remember reasons why. Part of that is because back in the 60s-80s Welshmen who wen to play league were hammered by the press and couldn't get jobs back in Union after going to play league. For a while they wouldn't even get jobs of any sort back in Wales. The French Govt banned rugby league, labelling it "a game for rogues" for a long while when it seemed RL was overtaking RU in France.

But the best rugby team of either code are the Kangaroos and the best rugby competition of either code is the NRL (RU players even say that!) and, for me, the best rugby spectical of either code - it's one of the best specticals in sport, full stop - is rugby league's State of Origin series between Queensland and NSW.

I never knew any of that, thanks. A really interesting post and has intrigued me. When is the State of Origin match, is it on Sky and is there any reason why I might want to support one team over the other?
Well it's the states of Queesnland v New South Wales. Queensland play in Maroon, NSW play in Sky Blue - both City colours. I'm always one to root for the underdog and Queensland - having had an unbelievably talented team in recent years - have won the last six series in a row, even though most are very close games. so I want NSW to win this one.

It used to be on Sky Sports for as long as I can remember but this year it's on the Premier Sports channel which is very frustrating. I did manage to watch Game One on a Live Stream, which NSW won 14-6.
<a class="postlink" href="http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Origin_series" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Origin_series</a>

citykev28 said:
Caveman said:
It does but you've got to remember reasons why. Part of that is because back in the 60s-80s Welshmen who wen to play league were hammered by the press and couldn't get jobs back in Union after going to play league. For a while they wouldn't even get jobs of any sort back in Wales. The French Govt banned rugby league, labelling it "a game for rogues" for a long while when it seemed RL was overtaking RU in France.

But the best rugby team of either code are the Kangaroos and the best rugby competition of either code is the NRL (RU players even say that!) and, for me, the best rugby spectical of either code - it's one of the best specticals in sport, full stop - is rugby league's State of Origin series between Queensland and NSW.

I never knew any of that, thanks. A really interesting post and has intrigued me. When is the State of Origin match, is it on Sky and is there any reason why I might want to support one team over the other?

Game 2 is next Wednesday night (aus time). Support the blues! (nsw).

nsw=man city
qld=man utd
(bit of bias seeing as im from nsw haha)

Lucky their kicking was awful. Had their kicking been spot in we would have lost. Saying that we not much in that try being disallowed. Thought we dominated rooks and scrums until towards the end. Not much in it!

Caveman said:
shevtheblue said:
Is rugby always this boring?
Rugby YAWNion is.

Great try from the rugby league lad, Isreal Falou, there. On his way back to league when he gets a contract.

You could always try not watching it then. I find League tedious and repetetive, so I don't watch it. Simples.

Before you go on about athletecism, I'm not bothered by that either, or I would watch international athletics.

I like the way Union has a place for everyone, no matter what shape or size. If you feel different, fine. I'm not going to criticize.

FF

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.