British and Irish Lions Tour - 2013

I dont see how Warburton gets a start in the test side ahead of Tipuric, who i think should be the first choice number 7. He has been outstanding all year

I agree with that, but I can not think of a Lions tour where the elected captain has not been picked in the tests.

My test team......

Halfpenny
* not sure
BOD
Roberts
North
Sexton
Phillips
Vunipola
Hibbard
Jones
POC
Gray/Jones
Warburton
Tips
Falateu<br /><br />-- Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:18 pm --<br /><br />
Uncle Wally One Ball said:
I dont see how Warburton gets a start in the test side ahead of Tipuric, who i think should be the first choice number 7. He has been outstanding all year

Warburton could play 6

Sean O Brien has been class in the tour so far by far the best ball carrying forward and he is lethal in the loose so far. So he will be highly unlucky not to get a start in the team for a test in my opinion. BOD and POC will get a test start for leadership in key areas. Warburton is a major problem as at 7 and 6 there is better options and form players. Now at 8 maybe Warburton can do a job there.

Zebo if he does well in the game this Saturday may well even get a wing slot if he plays well. With injuries to wingers and the form of Zebo he was 1 of the form players of this season and had a bit of class and there is something about him. Remember his try against Wales in the 6 nations gone amazing stuff a bit of magic.

bluemoon32 said:
My test team......

Halfpenny
* not sure
BOD
Roberts
North
Sexton
Phillips
Vunipola
Hibbard
Jones
POC
Gray/Jones
Warburton
Tips
Falateu

-- Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:18 pm --

Warburton could play 6

It was always a mistake picking a captain that was far from guaranteed his place in the test side.

Davs 19 said:
bluemoon32 said:
My test team......

Halfpenny
* not sure
BOD
Roberts
North
Sexton
Phillips
Vunipola
Hibbard
Jones
POC
Gray/Jones
Warburton
Tips
Falateu

-- Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:18 pm --

Warburton could play 6

It was always a mistake picking a captain that was far from guaranteed his place in the test side.

I think they may have done that thinking that BOD and POC may not have be able to go over with them do to age and injuries so to name Warburton was a get out but seeme a bit of a weird choice but its made.

I'm not sure about Warburton at 6, maybe off the bench. I don't know what his match fitness is like just now, but Dan Lydiate is the hardest and best tackler in the back row I've seen since Peter Winterbottom and Mike Teague

So Warbs captains Wales to a grand slam, world cup semi final and the only reason he did not captain Wales this time round was due to injury. On a side note has any player captained the Lions on two tours ?. A fit Sam makes the test side, however as I said in an earlier post problems happen when a captain gets selected when not being the form player in that position.
Reading the reports re form and injury of the tour team Adam Jones and Lee Halfpenny are the only 2 pretty much fit and in form and who would be in most peoples minds defo starts, bless them but theyre not captains elect.

big gaz said:
So Warbs captains Wales to a grand slam, world cup semi final and the only reason he did not captain Wales this time round was due to injury. On a side note has any player captained the Lions on two tours ?.

Martin Johnson. To add to his European Cup tally, Grand Slams and World Cup wins. (A more effective player than manager though!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.