British and Irish Lions Tour - 2013

ianw16 said:
Blue Til Death said:
Going back to my first comment this morning, BOD should be playing, however, these games can be won in the dressing room and in the mind as well as on the pitch, i just hope BOD is hugely involved in the team talks and getting the lads ready for battle, the Lions can win this if they have belief.
Im shocked BOD is missing but I still feel the Lions will edge it and make history!!

May be historic, but I don't think it'll live long in the memory. Couldn't be compared with the 71 and 74 teams. This is a pretty ordinary Aussie team missing some key players. If they take a team like this to NZ in 4 years it could be as embarrassing as last time.

No argument from me on any of this but we are taliking about the present and you can only defeat what is put in front of you, the 74 team were far more closely knit than the modern Lions sides seem to be and it showed on the pitch in the last two tests... We need a Fran Cotton out there on Saturday, for his awesome scrummaging and leadership ability, alas we dont have one, mores the pity!!!

Blue Til Death said:
ianw16 said:
Blue Til Death said:
Going back to my first comment this morning, BOD should be playing, however, these games can be won in the dressing room and in the mind as well as on the pitch, i just hope BOD is hugely involved in the team talks and getting the lads ready for battle, the Lions can win this if they have belief.
Im shocked BOD is missing but I still feel the Lions will edge it and make history!!

May be historic, but I don't think it'll live long in the memory. Couldn't be compared with the 71 and 74 teams. This is a pretty ordinary Aussie team missing some key players. If they take a team like this to NZ in 4 years it could be as embarrassing as last time.

No argument from me on any of this but we are taliking about the present and you can only defeat what is put in front of you, the 74 team were far more closely knit than the modern Lions sides seem to be and it showed on the pitch in the last two tests... We need a Fran Cotton out there on Saturday, for his awesome scrummaging and leadership ability, alas we dont have one, mores the pity!!!

Haha big Fran, Bobby Windsor and Mighty mouse McLoughlin now that was a front row.

big gaz said:
Blue Til Death said:
ianw16 said:

Haha big Fran, Bobby Windsor and Mighty mouse McLoughlin now that was a front row.

Indeed it was mate, many a scrum lost by the opposition just looking at their ugly mugs, as scary a front row as ever there was..They would destroy the Ozzies on saturday in their heyday...Some on here will not remember those lads.. fag and a beer at half time to recharge... ;-))

Dropping t youngs is a daft decision, consistent and pisses all over hibbard. Phillips is gash and doesn't play flat enough, and takes so long over his decision making is ridiculous. Warburton will be a huge loss though. Can't see this team winning on saturday but i hope i'm wrong. The backs were useless last test annd never got over the gain line, didn't help how narrow we played. If we win this, then fair play to gatland but it's hard to see with that team

Warren Gatland has just announced Tommy Bowe has been dropped for the 3rd test. He will be replaced by Gareth Bale....

Gatland has lost the plot. Some messsed up decisions for me. I would of had O Driscoll in at centre with Jamie Roberts. BOD may well not be firing but he offers a hell of a lot on the pitch both defensively , leadership , and can do a bit of magic. I was all for Roberts replacing Davies. Think this is a huge fuck up by Gatland.

The number 9 holy fuck Mike Phillips had a nightmare in the first game with slow ball time and time again and his link up with Sexton was too slow. I would of had the same 9 and 10 from the last game.

Those 2 decisions for me has me thinking to myself what the fuck is going on here. I dont mind the back of the scrum or the front row but there is some really what the fuck moments.

I honestly think with these fuck ups that the Aussies are now favourites to win the series. We are lacking real leadership. No Warburton , O Connell and O Driscoll 3 leaders of men and none in the match squad due to injury and non selection.

I hope the Lions in future just get rid of National coach as a Lions coach in future. Who remembers Clive Woodwards selection when he was Lions coach a few seasons ago this Gatland selection has the same feel to it.

In saying that I wouldnt mind seeing Woodward getting the Lions tour next time around.

blumoon said:
Warren Gatland has just announced Tommy Bowe has been dropped for the 3rd test. He will be replaced by Gareth Bale....

Who next bellamy and savage...

leighton said:
Gatland has lost the plot. Some messsed up decisions for me. I would of had O Driscoll in at centre with Jamie Roberts. BOD may well not be firing but he offers a hell of a lot on the pitch both defensively , leadership , and can do a bit of magic. I was all for Roberts replacing Davies. Think this is a huge fuck up by Gatland.

The number 9 holy fuck Mike Phillips had a nightmare in the first game with slow ball time and time again and his link up with Sexton was too slow. I would of had the same 9 and 10 from the last game.

Those 2 decisions for me has me thinking to myself what the fuck is going on here. I dont mind the back of the scrum or the front row but there is some really what the fuck moments.

I honestly think with these fuck ups that the Aussies are now favourites to win the series. We are lacking real leadership. No Warburton , O Connell and O Driscoll 3 leaders of men and none in the match squad due to injury and non selection.

I hope the Lions in future just get rid of National coach as a Lions coach in future. Who remembers Clive Woodwards selection when he was Lions coach a few seasons ago this Gatland selection has the same feel to it.

In saying that I wouldnt mind seeing Woodward getting the Lions tour next time around.
Gatland puts 10 Welsh players in the team for Saturday and is back managing the Welsh team on Monday morning. Part of me hopes the Lions get dicked now lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.