British and Irish Lions Tour - 2013

SWP's back said:
oman0115 said:
carlosthejackal said:
So five countries with a population of around 65 million beat one country of around 20 million and its viewed as something special.

Australia is a rugby league country, if they had their league talent in union they'd destroy the lions. Still they don't, and put out a decent Union team ( for their size and player pool ) so it's still a decent achievement. However as you kinda eluded to with the strength of the 4 unions we should win to be fair. Gotta say though the quality of both teams ain't great and the sky team really do a great jobs making lions games sound exciting when they're run of the mill.
Absolute bollocks. Those 3 were great games.

What you talking about? 1st & 3rd were exciting-ish second was awful. Union is probably 4th sport in Australia that's not bollocks.

oman0115 said:
SWP's back said:
oman0115 said:
Australia is a rugby league country, if they had their league talent in union they'd destroy the lions. Still they don't, and put out a decent Union team ( for their size and player pool ) so it's still a decent achievement. However as you kinda eluded to with the strength of the 4 unions we should win to be fair. Gotta say though the quality of both teams ain't great and the sky team really do a great jobs making lions games sound exciting when they're run of the mill.

What you talking about? 1st & 3rd were exciting-ish second was awful. Union is probably 4th sport in Australia that's not bollocks.
Not arsed where rugby union ranks in Austrailia. All 3 games were very exciting. As a forward I appreciate the "dull forward grind" just as much as any free flowing back play.

SWP's back said:
oman0115 said:
SWP's back said:

Not arsed where rugby union ranks in Austrailia. All 3 games were very exciting. As a forward I appreciate the "dull forward grind" just as much as any free flowing back play.

Don't think I heard a single pundit or other fan say the second test was anything but dull but fair enough. Guess the dull forward grind element of union does limit the skill levels of the backs somewhat.

Just a quick point... When the Aussie front rower got sin binned he obviously disagreed. Was he in the refs face effing and jeffing, spittle flying in his direction and face contorted (rooneyesque)?

No, the 17st man mountain looked at the referee, looked down, shrugged his shoulders, ever so slightly I might add, and walked off to take his 10 mins on the side.

It would take 2 games for football to follow suit after 5 red cards in a game for abuse to the referee. But no, we'll leave football as it is.

Awesome forwards performance, simply awesome. Good base from the starting 15 and subs made at the right time. Halfpenny is incredible.

Uncle Wally One Ball said:
Tim of the Oak said:
Great win today and BOD played his part in the tour victory in the earlier games.

If Adam Jones can maintain form and fitness and George North and Halfpenny continue to cut open defences then Wales must have a strong chance for the 2015 Wprld Cup. England's players will also be at the right age to give the Southern Hemisphere a run for their money with the likes of Corbisiero and Wade set to be Wod Class for years to come.
Had Warburton not been sent off in the semi final (which was a correct decision), Wales would have won the last world cup imo. The All Blacks were not great in the final, and hadnt been particularly great all tournament, but Wales were playing really well and had clicked at the right time.

Lol.

oman0115 said:
SWP's back said:
oman0115 said:

Don't think I heard a single pundit or other fan say the second test was anything but dull but fair enough. Guess the dull forward grind element of union does limit the skill levels of the backs somewhat.

Still pisses all over League for spectacle, League just doesn't have an international game worth watching

wez99 said:
Thank f**k it's all over, hate this shite game.

If you want to talk about a shit game start a post about last seasons FA cup final. In a deciding test match the Lions played with pride more than our lot did at in the final.

bluemoon32 said:
oman0115 said:
SWP's back said:

Still pisses all over League for spectacle, League just doesn't have an international game worth watching

Whatever, some of the Kangeroos vs Kiwis games are classics. In terms of spectacle you may not know much about it but State of Origin is far superior to the Lions tour. It might not get the media coverage up here mind. Some of the more rotund players on show last night wouldn't last a half.

oman0115 said:
bluemoon32 said:
oman0115 said:

Whatever, some of the Kangeroos vs Kiwis games are classics. In terms of spectacle you may not know much about it but State of Origin is far superior to the Lions tour. It might not get the media coverage up here mind. Some of the more rotund players on show last night wouldn't last a half.

But then even 'Origin' level forwards would get crippled if they tried it on with the fat boys in a Union scrum. It's a different game!

oman0115 said:
SWP's back said:
oman0115 said:

Incorrect. The forwards grind allows for the backs to play and show their skills. Without this platform putting play in the right areas of the pitch it couldnt happen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.