British and Irish Lions Tour - 2013

The Shackle Draggers are hurting that's for sure,great win & fair play to the Aussies who gave it everything,
ANY win against an Aussie is worth savoring be it on/in a boat/bike/at snakes n ladders,anything,obviously some wont get it but thats the way it is.
The Australian Female of the year was a Horse,just thought i'd mention that,motwyw.

Uncle Wally One Ball said:
oman0115 said:
SWP's back said:
Not arsed where rugby union ranks in Austrailia. All 3 games were very exciting. As a forward I appreciate the "dull forward grind" just as much as any free flowing back play.

Don't think I heard a single pundit or other fan say the second test was anything but dull but fair enough. Guess the dull forward grind element of union does limit the skill levels of the backs somewhat.
Incorrect. The forwards grind allows for the backs to play and show their skills. Without this platform putting play in the right areas of the pitch it couldnt happen

I dunno some of the back play has been ordinary, ball skills in the NH aren't up to much compared to the SH & RL, tbf Halfpenny had a blinder and George North looks good, probably the only two lions who'd be able to play in the NRL.

bluemanc said:
The Shackle Draggers are hurting that's for sure,great win & fair play to the Aussies who gave it everything,
ANY win against an Aussie is worth savoring be it on/in a boat/bike/at snakes n ladders,anything,obviously some wont get it but thats the way it is.
The Australian Female of the year was a Horse,just thought i'd mention that,motwyw.

????

pominoz said:
bluemanc said:

????

Black Caviar, won best female athlete of the year.
And fair do's, what a horse.

Looks like the Kiwi coach is getting the blame,on a side note well done to the NRL for trying to get on top of the serious drug problems in the NRL.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2013/jul/03/rugby-union-olympics-nrl-players-switch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/20 ... ers-switch</a>
Rugby union's perfect storm is ominous for NRL
Changes afoot in Aussie Rugby methinks.

The lure of the Olympics and big pay days may combine to lure more NRL players into a code switch
Didn't realize how bad the drugs problem was in the ARL,no wonder they were so good.

pominoz said:
pominoz said:
bluemanc said:

????

Black Caviar, won best female athlete of the year.
And fair do's, what a horse.
The Aussie women didn't see it that way:)

oman0115 said:
oman0115 said:
Don't think I heard a single pundit or other fan say the second test was anything but dull but fair enough. Guess the dull forward grind element of union does limit the skill levels of the backs somewhat.
Incorrect. The forwards grind allows for the backs to play and show their skills. Without this platform putting play in the right areas of the pitch it couldnt happen

I dunno some of the back play has been ordinary, ball skills in the NH aren't up to much compared to the SH & RL, tbf Halfpenny had a blinder and George North looks good, probably the only two lions who'd be able to play in the NRL.
Every time you open your mouth, you embarrass yourself.

SWP's back said:
oman0115 said:

Every time you open your mouth, you embarrass yourself.

Think I just have a broader knowledge of both codes than you to be honest.<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:31 pm --<br /><br />
bluemanc said:
Looks like the Kiwi coach is getting the blame,on a side note well done to the NRL for trying to get on top of the serious drug problems in the NRL.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2013/jul/03/rugby-union-olympics-nrl-players-switch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/20 ... ers-switch</a>
Rugby union's perfect storm is ominous for NRL
Changes afoot in Aussie Rugby methinks.

The lure of the Olympics and big pay days may combine to lure more NRL players into a code switch
Didn't realize how bad the drugs problem was in the ARL,no wonder they were so good.

League was fine without SBW and would be fine without Benji. The NRL conveyor belt of talent is in good shape. Union has a smaller player base and no cap so inevitibly it'll entice the ones wanting a pay day and a rest ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.