British and Irish Lions Tour - 2013

I think todays' result might not be too bad a thing. True our backline wasn't the best but it's good to get a reality check. I sense sometimes the Sky pundits think the Lions have to turn up I don't think so and have the Wallabies favourites. If they get parity up front which isn't too far fetched they could really hurt us out wide. Must win this series though, having just been to Aus I was surprised how much of a League country it is. Union gets hardly any media coverage, is considered soft in comparison and a sport for the upper classes.

langy[wales] said:
Benarbia_is_god said:
langy[wales] said:
played a bit myself to a decent standard and have been to wine street in Swansea a couple of times with awj and as most top level rugby players are up themselves and arrogant he is nice as pie good laugh and bought a few rounds .

Speak as you find, iv'e met a few of them myself. Andy Powell and Mike Phillips came across as right wankers but Ken Owens was a proper gent. Agree with you on arrogance in top level rugby players though.
who does your mate play for pal Swansea neath Aberavon . your not wrong on Phillips either

Aberavon. You must have heard the story of Mike Phillips getting battered by the bouncers in Macdonalds, Cardiff? Apparently they sat on him for about an hour.

All the recent call ups today looked sluggish, probably through no fault of their own. Christian Wade looked out of his depth. Zebo had another great game when he came on.

Also big congratulations to the Welsh u20s side, beating South Africa with a last minute try to make the final, great finale.

Benarbia_is_god said:
langy[wales] said:
Benarbia_is_god said:
Speak as you find, iv'e met a few of them myself. Andy Powell and Mike Phillips came across as right wankers but Ken Owens was a proper gent. Agree with you on arrogance in top level rugby players though.
who does your mate play for pal Swansea neath Aberavon . your not wrong on Phillips either

Aberavon. You must have heard the story of Mike Phillips getting battered by the bouncers in Macdonalds, Cardiff? Apparently they sat on him for about an hour.

All the recent call ups today looked sluggish, probably through no fault of their own. Christian Wade looked out of his depth. Zebo had another great game when he came on.

Also big congratulations to the Welsh u20s side, beating South Africa with a last minute try to make the final, great finale.
story I heard about Phillips involved an unbeaten welsh boxing champ who knocked him out after a boozy night out. In the papers the following week they reported he got mugged.
Whats your mates name not breeze is it

Friends of mine have met Alun Wyn too and their exact words to desrbe him were "a drunken lanky arrogant C*** bag" so previous assesments seem to be accurate.

As for Phillips i met him in South Africa on the last tour and asked for a photo with him and some other players he started to walk off and the other players had to call him back Think it was Shane who did that.

Mates also played against him when he was at Whitland playing youth rugby and our team beat them in the Cup Final. Got a bit stroppy at the end of the match and refused to shake the hand of one of my mates an 18st 6ft 5 second row. On that refusal second row politely said "shake my hand or i'll drop you where you stand!"

I'll let you decide whether Mike shook his hand or not..........

tweetstreet said:
Friends of mine have met Alun Wyn too and their exact words to desrbe him were "a drunken lanky arrogant C*** bag" so previous assesments seem to be accurate.

As for Phillips i met him in South Africa on the last tour and asked for a photo with him and some other players he started to walk off and the other players had to call him back Think it was Shane who did that.

Mates also played against him when he was at Whitland playing youth rugby and our team beat them in the Cup Final. Got a bit stroppy at the end of the match and refused to shake the hand of one of my mates an 18st 6ft 5 second row. On that refusal second row politely said "shake my hand or i'll drop you where you stand!"

I tell you what a great stat is - Two Lions come from Bancyfelin which is a tiny village and both part of the Whitland set up, Mike Phillips and Jon Davies.

Jon Davies is a bloody talented player after halfpenny best on your so far but I have a bad feeling he won't get a game!

Well 13 of the 15 were as expected good news with north fit and interesting to see Vunipola as the impact player not the starter with a more technical scrummager picked. I think it will be really exciting to see three such great intelligent ball players as sexton , o'driscoll and Davies lining up 10-12 with them supplying the wings it could be interesting. Australia has done the same too!

I think POC and AWJ could have a big say

I am shocked at the back of the pack to be honest. 6 , 7 and 8 could of been 3 different players. O Brien is so unlucky in my view also not to make the bench seems a bit of a kick in the balls to him to have such a dangerous player like him in the loose and and at breakdown is a bit of a bad call by Gatland. Still think the Lions will win this and the test series 3-0.

leighton said:
I am shocked at the back of the pack to be honest. 6 , 7 and 8 could of been 3 different players. O Brien is so unlucky in my view also not to make the bench seems a bit of a kick in the balls to him to have such a dangerous player like him in the loose and and at breakdown is a bit of a bad call by Gatland. Still think the Lions will win this and the test series 3-0.

O'Brien can count himself unlucky not to bench, he's a fine player. The only worry i have is that Warburton is going to have to do the work for the whole back row at the breakdown as Croft & Heaslip prefer to show pony out on the wings.
POC & AWJ are going to have to be at the top of their game to help Sam out. If the Lions win the first test they'll win the series 3-0<br /><br />-- Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:39 am --<br /><br />
tweetstreet said:

AWJ is a top bloke

If the Aussies play a wide game then leaving Tipuric out could be more costly than not picking O'Brian.
Overall a strong enough team, should dominate the set plays and the selection of JD and BOD might offer something more than brute force from inside centre.
Roll on Saturday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.