British and Irish Lions Tour - 2013

Benarbia_is_god said:
I don't think it's Ashtons personality that's seen him left out as Alun Wyn Jones is an absolute prick of a bloke!

Just curious but howcome?

foxy said:
Benarbia_is_god said:
I don't think it's Ashtons personality that's seen him left out as Alun Wyn Jones is an absolute prick of a bloke!

Friend of mine is contracted to Ospreys but on a part time basis as he only plays when the international plays are with Wales. He used to be in the youth set up a few years ago. AWJ would join in with training from time to time and throw a few of them around, if any of them stood up to him he'd just smack them. A bit of a loose cannon by all accounts.

Class player though, the stand out for me so far on the tour.

Benarbia_is_god said:
I don't think it's Ashtons personality that's seen him left out as Alun Wyn Jones is an absolute prick of a bloke![/quote

Ashton missed out because he is not in the first 6 best wingers in the home nations' AWJ is in the best 4 second rowers in the home nations thats why he got selected to tour and will more than likely start on Saturday. I don not give a flying f**k about personality its what they bring to the pitch that counts and on last seasons six nations Ashton was not good enough.
Anyway 16/1 for a Shane Williams hat trick ?

Benarbia_is_god said:
foxy said:
Benarbia_is_god said:

Friend of mine is contracted to Ospreys but on a part time basis as he only plays when the international plays are with Wales. He used to be in the youth set up a few years ago. AWJ would join in with training from time to time and throw a few of them around, if any of them stood up to him he'd just smack them. A bit of a loose cannon by all accounts.

played a bit myself to a decent standard and have been to wine street in Swansea a couple of times with awj and as most top level rugby players are up themselves and arrogant he is nice as pie good laugh and bought a few rounds .

langy[wales] said:
Benarbia_is_god said:
foxy said:

played a bit myself to a decent standard and have been to wine street in Swansea a couple of times with awj and as most top level rugby players are up themselves and arrogant he is nice as pie good laugh and bought a few rounds .

Speak as you find, iv'e met a few of them myself. Andy Powell and Mike Phillips came across as right wankers but Ken Owens was a proper gent. Agree with you on arrogance in top level rugby players though.

AWJ will play he has been a beast in the middle of the pack so far! He and o Connell give real strength! Met Jason Robinson and Brian o Driscoll sat night and both were top blokes and have to say Tuilagi is a monster the size of him scary - Richie grey freakishly tall.

Pity tonight they lost but not surprising when the back line were mostly 1000's of miles away from being on a lions tour only a few days ago

Shame about todays defeat, but ealingblue is right with that back line at short notice maybe expected, but a plumb line for Best might have helped.
From you're post I take it you're out there if so enjoy you lucky bastard, I'm waiting on tonights euro millions ;-)

My jock mate was flapping about tonight,we're off to Brisbane on Friday.
I had to reassure him that it was in fact mostly fringe players and it will be a different show on Saturday.

waterloo blue said:
My jock mate was flapping about tonight,we're off to Brisbane on Friday.
I had to reassure him that it was in fact mostly fringe players and it will be a different show on Saturday.

Thats true, the Ozzies know that the team they face on Saturday will be formidable and they will take no comfort from watching the Brumbies narrowly beat a second rate Lions side, I suspect it will be a close run thing but I cant see the Ozzies having enough to beat a full strength Lions team..
Game on! Enjoy Brizzie

Benarbia_is_god said:
langy[wales] said:
Benarbia_is_god said:

Speak as you find, iv'e met a few of them myself. Andy Powell and Mike Phillips came across as right wankers but Ken Owens was a proper gent. Agree with you on arrogance in top level rugby players though.
who does your mate play for pal Swansea neath Aberavon . your not wrong on Phillips either

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.