Brown stepping down - What now? [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brown to stand down

mark100267 said:
Skashion said:
But will we see an aggressive all-in manoeuvre by Cameron on the river?

Sorry, don't follow. But my point is that Clegg has a 'once in a generation' oportunity to negociate with a strong hand and he seems to be playing in well so far. No matter how you put it, it's not irght that a party can get around 26% of the vote that translates to 50 or so seats.

No, it's not right. But it's even less right to put the interests of your own party before th interests of the country. Sort out the mess we're in first then look at electoral reform. That is what the Lib Dems should be thinking.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Go on Gordon!

You might not appeal to the X Factor voters out there or the self centred 'gimme gimme gimme' capitalist scum but you are at least a man and a human. I salute you.

He was an unelected PrimeMinister.

Even John Major got over that particular obstacle.

Unelected leaders should play no part in any Government long term. And mandy is now trying to foist on us the same. Not good.

Cheesy said:
I just don't see it unfortunately :-( If the Lib Dems chose to join Labour it will only be because they've been promised some sort of PR and we'll find it forced upon us.

Actually, can they do this or would it be against the law?

Parliamentary sovereignty; if they want to do it without a referendum, they can if they can get enough votes in the Commons thrice in a solitary parliamentary session.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Go on Gordon!

You might not appeal to the X Factor voters out there or the self centred 'gimme gimme gimme' capitalist scum but you are at least a man and a human. I salute you.

Are you taking the piss? Ffs he should've resigned as soon as the results came in, he is so desperate for power. Fact is that his cancer of a political party has less seats than the opposition and he should've gone on friday or saturday at the latest, Labour couldn't give a shit about this country and neither could Gormless, all they want is power even when they've tasted defeat.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Go on Gordon!

I can't wait for you to get out in to the real world paying taxes, Education can be a good thing, but you have spent far too long at it

Skashion said:
Cheesy said:
I just don't see it unfortunately :-( If the Lib Dems chose to join Labour it will only be because they've been promised some sort of PR and we'll find it forced upon us.

Actually, can they do this or would it be against the law?

Parliamentary sovereignty; if they want to do it without a referendum, they can if they can get enough votes in the Commons thrice in a solitary parliamentary session.

If they (and by "they" I mean any of the parties) try to force electoral reform through without the consultation & permission of the public, the fcukers deserve shooting.

mackenzie said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Go on Gordon!

He was an unelected PrimeMinister.

Even John Major got over that particular obstacle.

Unelected leaders should play no part in any Government long term. And mandy is now trying to foist on us the same. Not good.

Democracy is an empty lie.

mark100267 said:
But my point is that Clegg has a 'once in a generation' oportunity to negociate with a strong hand and he seems to be playing in well so far. No matter how you put it, it's not irght that a party can get around 26% of the vote that translates to 50 or so seats.

That's right, Clegg is holding pocket rockets with Cameron on a flush draw. Big hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.