Brown stepping down - What now? [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brown to stand down

Diane Abbott says "I'm alright jack."

Ggggggggggrrrr.

I am beginning to think that some MP's (cross party) want to stay out of this. After all, it is a poisoned chalice.

Did anyone else see the Adam Boulton/Alastair Campbell confrontation on Sky News?

Christ, I thought it was going to come to blows. Two complete twats going at each other; Campbell was being politely provocative and Boulton lost his rag, and was pretty unprofessional.

You'd never see Laura Kuenssberg doing that. *swoon*

BingoBango said:
Did anyone else see the Adam Boulton/Alastair Campbell confrontation on Sky News?

Christ, I thought it was going to come to blows. Two complete twats going at each other; Campbell was being politely provocative and Boulton lost his rag, and was pretty unprofessional.

Yeah!!

Despite the seriousness of the matter in hand it WAS quite funny.

One last chance of a deal with the inclusion of a referendum of Electoral Reform, if the Lib Dems cock this up and I was Dave Cameron, I'd just get myself to Buckingham Palace and form a minority, these talks should be for the best of the country, but Clegg and his team are holding the country to ransom, ffs 50 odd seats and they lost some on Thursday night, just shows how ridiculous our system is.

BingoBango said:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUbOhq1q07Y&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Go on Gordon!

You might not appeal to the X Factor voters out there or the self centred 'gimme gimme gimme' capitalist scum but you are at least a man and a human. I salute you.

mackenzie said:
BingoBango said:

Yeah!!

Despite the seriousness of the matter in hand it WAS quite funny.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyyO6kS455k[/youtube]

Ah, there it is. Pair of bell-ends.

Loathe as I am to see a Conservative government, I do think the Lib Dems only option is to go with them. I'd give Clegg a bit of credit here too; it would appear the Tories weren't going to budge on electoral reform until Brown was prompted to say something.

Skashion said:
Cheesy said:
I think it's becoming more apparent that they would :-(

Whether the Lib Dems would accept AV, and whether they would accept it as a form of PR are two separate questions. I could see them compromising on full-on PR temporarily if they can guarantee AV. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth. As much as I want electoral reform - and, make no mistake, it is the thing I most want in politics that is realisable right now, it absolutely must come as the result of a referendum.

I just don't see it unfortunately :-( If the Lib Dems chose to join Labour it will only be because they've been promised some sort of PR and we'll find it forced upon us.

Actually, can they do this or would it be against the law?

Skashion said:
mark100267 said:
Looks like Clegg isn't such a bad poker player afterall.

But will we see an aggressive all-in manoeuvre by Cameron on the river?

Sorry, don't follow. But my point is that Clegg has a 'once in a generation' oportunity to negociate with a strong hand and he seems to be playing in well so far. No matter how you put it, it's not irght that a party can get around 26% of the vote that translates to 50 or so seats.

The Tories are playing a blinder here. They’re looking reasonable, measured, and have pledged to consult the people before messing with the way the people elect their MPs.

Labour clearly now look desperate, and if the LibDems aren’t careful they’ll look disingenuous, opportunistic and amateurish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.