Brown stepping down - What now? [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brown to stand down

Thatchersforearm said:
Bye Gordon!

Hello Mandelson :-(

Be in no doubt about who will be pulling the strings behind the scenes. And that twat is totally unelected.

Ducado said:
The Fixer said:
Was talking to someone last night and they said the tories and lib dems want to cut tax credits is this true?

For people on 50k a year or more, which seems quite fair

Ahhhh right yes i agree, the lady never said there was a threshold just they wanted to cut tax credits.

Cheers Duccy.

Skashion said:
mackenzie said:
He was an unelected PrimeMinister.

Name one elected Prime Minister. One.

Oh, come on.

Have you ever known a PM being given power by their own party (rather than the Electorate) and then losing it big time when the general public voted? And then trying to continue?

It is ridiculous.

Another 4 months of someone who has NEVER won a Mandate from the people of this country? And has been soundly beaten at the polls.

If you think that is conducive to anything stable then I can only disagree.

Ducado said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Go on Gordon!

You might not appeal to the X Factor voters out there or the self centred 'gimme gimme gimme' capitalist scum but you are at least a man and a human. I salute you.

I can't wait for you to get out in to the real world paying taxes, Education can be a good thing, but you have spent far too long at it

I've had a job. I've had a mortgage. I've lived in the much championed 'real world' and my opinions and beliefs have not wavered.

I concede that I am a dreamer, but like my brother John once sang, 'I'm not the only one'.

I'm an idealist and perhaps that does come with a touch of naivety but I can not change the way I feel. I am the way I am for whatever reason.

I don't know why I hate the 9-5 world so much or why I feel it offers me nothing but the flip side of that is that I fully intend to spend the rest of my time on earth helping those less fortunate, both home and abroad, and spreading some love.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Ducado said:
I can't wait for you to get out in to the real world paying taxes, Education can be a good thing, but you have spent far too long at it

I've had a job. I've had a mortgage. I've lived in the much championed 'real world' and my opinions and beliefs have not wavered.

I concede that I am a dreamer, but like my brother John once sang, 'I'm not the only one'.

I'm an idealist and perhaps that does come with a touch of naivety but I can not change the way I feel. I am the way I am for whatever reason.

I don't know why I hate the 9-5 world so much or why I feel it offers me nothing but the flip side of that is that I fully intend to spend the rest of my time on earth helping those less fortunate, both home and abroad, and spreading some love.

Well said Quinny, there's no need to conform and live like a sheep.
I've been trying to spread some love on here over the weekend but it hasn't worked yet.

I like Gordon Brown, he's a principled man and the recent Labour gov. made it lawful for civil partnerships for same sex couples legal. For that alone I thank them.

The conservatives are just ruthless bastards. My favourite description of Cameron was in The Guardian last week: "He looks like C3PO made out of ham".

Good luck Mr Brown.

Cheeses of Nazareth said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

Well said Quinny, there's no need to conform and live like a sheep.
I've been trying to spread some love on here over the weekend but it hasn't worked yet.

I like Gordon Brown, he's a principled man and the recent Labour gov. made it lawful for civil partnerships for same sex couples legal. For that alone I thank them.

The conservatives are just ruthless bastards. My favourite description of Cameron was in The Guardian last week: "He looks like C3PO made out of ham".

Good luck Mr Brown.

I like you!

Gordon Brown loses votes for being 'ugly'. Doesn't explain why people would then vote Count Cameron of Transylvania but that could just be me.

Brown, for all his problems, is a decent human which is more than I could say for a Tory, any Tory.

Part of me, the nice part, just wants what's best for the people.

The evil side of me is looking forward to watching the tories rape those who are currently singing their praises. Guaranteed, same people will be moaning next year and advocating a change of government.

I'm all about the struggle. The whole history of the world is the history of class struggle. I will never sell out my class. One for all and all for one. People can mock but I'd die for my beliefs. Most on here don't even understand their own beliefs let alone be willing to die for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.