Brown stepping down - What now? [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brown to stand down

kronkonite said:
for the "progressive " bit of alliance to work there has to be pr

tories insignificant forever once it happens

come on it's a once in a lifetime opportunity to crush the maggot brained inbreds forever

PR general election announced now
fucking do it
The introduction of a PR system would certainly not render the party that just won the largest share of the vote as 'insignificant forever'.

The electorate will give Labour and the Lib Dems one hell of a kicking if they push ahead with this self-serving, and wholly undemocratic, alliance.

this country just told brown to fook off,an he is scrambling to hang on to power,labour have been wiped out in england,there is no way that their coalition can work......the tories will form a minority government an then thats the end of labour.........goodbye an good fooking riddance!!!!!!!

Skashion said:
Dubai Blue said:
wholly undemocratic, alliance.

Wholly undemocratic? You've got to be joking. More people voted for the Labour and the Lib Dems than for the tories.
Forgive me, I didn't realise there was 'Lib Dem/Labour coalition' box on the ballot paper.

Just as nobody voted for a hung parliament, nobody voted for coalitions either. You're assuming every single Lib Dem voter would also be happy jumping into bed with Mandelson's boys. That simply isn't the case. Lots of people voted Lib Dem because they wanted a change from a Labour government, not a continuation of it.

To sideline the party that came first in the election, earning the most seats and the largest share of the vote in the process, is shameful. Even more so when you drape yourself under the pretence of being a 'democrat' as Nick Clegg does. The man is a fraud.

Tories will never win an election again under pr

the pathetic right wing narrative wheeled out by the BBC and SKY should not frighten lib and lab -natural bed fellows from allying with the left forces for democracy

rout the scum

kronkonite said:
Tories will never win an election again under pr
To be fair, it's unlikely anyone will. But who needs stability as long as those nasty rich people don't get in again. What the country really needs is wholesome left-wing coalitions between working-class heroes like Blair and Clegg.

Dubai Blue said:
Skashion said:
Wholly undemocratic? You've got to be joking. More people voted for the Labour and the Lib Dems than for the tories.
Forgive me, I didn't realise there was 'Lib Dem/Labour coalition' box on the ballot paper.

Just as nobody voted for a hung parliament, nobody voted for coalitions either. You're assuming every single Lib Dem voter would also be happy jumping into bed with Mandelson's boys. That simply isn't the case. Lots of people voted Lib Dem because they wanted a change from a Labour government, not a continuation of it.

To sideline the party that came first in the election, earning the most seats and the largest share of the vote in the process, is shameful. Even more so when you drape yourself under the pretence of being a 'democrat' as Nick Clegg does. The man is a fraud.

Thing is, I'm not at all. Don't make assumptions for me, thank you very much. If the Lib Dems were to have a coalition with the tories I'd consider that democratic, just as I would if the Lib Dems went with Labour. Both their total vote percentages add up to more than fifty percent. One coalition has more backing than the other but to say one is wholly undemocratic is bizarre. The standard practice of government in this country is that a minority vote will get you a majority of seats. Either coalition is more democratic than what is usually the case.

Had the tories won a majority of the seats with a minority of the votes, thus excluding Labour and the Lib Dems from government, and making the assumption that they'd still won a greater total combined percentage of vote, would that be more democratic or less democratic than a coalition which has a majority of the votes?

as opposed to what other form of bent right wing alliance?

pr will encourage all parties to stick to their core principles it'll take the lib out of dem

the blairites out of left leaning labour

and the eurosceptic out of the europhile within the tory party

they'll all get seats within the new pr

they'll compromise within the commons rather than within their parties

Dubai Blue said:
this self-serving, and wholly undemocratic, alliance.
Another one who doesn't understand our constitution

blutone3 said:
this country just told brown to fook off,
Brown polled 8604358 votes, Hardly telling him to fuck off as you so eloquently put it
blutone3 said:
an he is scrambling to hang on to power,
You need to read how our democracy works, he HAS to remain as PM until a new government is formed, otherwise we have no PM at all, If a coalition is formed between Labour and the Libs then they will have a combined vote of 15432296 against the Tories 10706647 which is on around a THIRD more votes. It would be real democracy in action, right there
blutone3 said:
labour have been wiped out in england,
Out of the aforementioned 8604358 votes 7037229 of those votes were cast in England, which won them over 190 constituencies. Not really wiped out are they fella
blutone3 said:
there is no way that their coalition can work......
A Lab/Lib always had more chance that a Con/Lib because of the simple fact that Con and Lib are polar opposites. The LibDems were born from merger between the then nearly defunct Liberal party and the SDP who were small group of slightly disenfranchised Labour Mps, their basic ideology remains fairly similar
blutone3 said:
the tories will form a minority government
I dare say you are correct, about the only thing you are correct about in you're entire post, but I wouldn't crack open you're champagne or waste any Pimms getting excited about that, It would last 18 months tops
blutone3 said:
an then thats the end of labour.........goodbye an good fooking riddance!!!!!!!
I wouldn't be so sure if I were you. I suspect that a great many people did not vote Labour because they weren't a fan of calamity Brown. When Labour have a new leader (probably Milliband) It will be interesting to say the least how much their vote improves

the country faces a pivotal moment and not surprisingly more hysterical by the hour. the over-whelmingly right-wing media is reaching new depths of slanted reporting. Entirely predictable as they have a lot to lose.The left versus right political system has had its day by a long way and only the power of the entrenched establishment has propped it up.both sides have a core that will never change but as ever its the floating vote that decides who governs.millions of votes are wasted under the present system (safe seats) which results in a third of the electorate not even bothering to vote.the mp expenses scandal was ignored by the bbc and sky until the telegraph took away their choice. Under pr this would be unlikely to happen as the influence of the whips would be greatly reduced,as would the power of the media and lobbying groups.All of them enemies of democracy.It might even reduce the inequality between the south-east and the rest of the country. Changing the system would benefit most people in this country,keeping it will only see a continuation of what we've had since the labour party was formed. The fact that bishops in the house of lords have power and influence is enough to condemn the present system to the dustbin.The collection of thieves that is the house of commons and the system that supports it must be changed. A lot depends on the lib-dems having the bottle to go for it.gettttttt innnnnnn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.