Brown stepping down - What now? [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brown to stand down

Labour's desire to turn Britain into a surveillance state whilst simultaneously stripping away important civil liberties is the reason I could not morally justify voting for them. I'm not much more optimistic about the tories being better but it's hard to imagine them being any worse. I mean, the next step would actually be thinkpol and telescreens in your own homes. The situation as it is, is that bad. The past few days has made me doubt whether even the Lib Dems would stand against it based on an alien concept (to politicians at least) called 'principles'.

Skashion said:
Labour's desire to turn Britain into a surveillance state whilst simultaneously stripping away important civil liberties is the reason I could not morally justify voting for them. I'm not much more optimistic about the tories being better but it's hard to imagine them being any worse. I mean, the next step would actually be thinkpol and telescreens in your own homes. The situation as it is, is that bad.
People have been prosecuted for allegedly "thinking" about committing potential terrorist offences based on stuff they've been looking at on the internet. We're there already.

With major divisions in all three parties brought about by this extraordinary elections, Cameron's leadership should not celebrate too hard yet. Senior Eurosceptic Tory MP's will be deeply concerned about how con/dem can agree on Europe.
This will unravel horribly

de niro said:
Damocles said:
How has he done a worse job than Chamberlain?

old Nev was inept, brown is a liar and a thief.

Along with another 600 MPs. I put MPs in the same category as burglars. And as for for thievery, Brown pales into insignificance when you look at some of the others. Claiming for non-existent mortgages and the like. It's a pity they dismantled Tyburn.

Corky said:
goose72 said:
Yeah, but that was for one, already demonised section of society, same as she got away with the rights abuses in Northern Ireland. To try and foist it on everyone overnight - she never tried that like Labour did. Amazing. And last time I did anything on it there was a CCTV camera for about every 14 people in the UK. That was about 2.5 years ago, so it's probably gone up. There's a doctor for every 400.

The Government does not decide things like CCTV cameras in your area/town etc. It is often local residents who want them.

No, but they decide on national planning guidance that is passed down to councils advocating turning the UK into fecking Oceania...

Prestwich_Blue said:
People have been prosecuted for allegedly "thinking" about committing potential terrorist offences based on stuff they've been looking at on the internet. We're there already.
Which cases were those? I've heard of people being put under house arrest for that, and on evidence only seen by a judge, but not a full prosecution.

Skashion said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Which cases were those? I've heard of people being put under house arrest for that, and on evidence only seen by a judge, but not a full prosecution.

There was them two kids from Rochdale, I think, not that long back, that were took to court for talking about blowing their school up. That was a bit nuts...

So after witnessing democracy at work...we now end up with ..Lord Snooty at the head of Thatchers chinless wonders and a liberal lap dog running the show

6 months at the most...

Skashion said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
There's been a few cases that I can remember, as well as that one with the 2 schoolboys. There was the schoolboy in Leeds, who was convicted in August 2008.
A schoolboy who possessed a guide to making napalm on his computer and had notes on martyrdom under his bed became Britain's youngest convicted terrorist yesterday.

Hammaad Munshi, whose grandfather is a leading Islamic scholar, was 16 and taking his GCSEs when he was arrested. Munshi, now 18, was convicted of making a record of information likely to be useful in terrorism following a three-month trial at Blackfriars Crown Court in London. He was cleared of one possession offence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.