Brown stepping down - What now? [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brown to stand down

Prestwich_Blue said:
Skashion said:
Which cases were those? I've heard of people being put under house arrest for that, and on evidence only seen by a judge, but not a full prosecution.
There's been a few cases that I can remember, as well as that one with the 2 schoolboys. There was the schoolboy in Leeds, who was convicted in August 2008.
A schoolboy who possessed a guide to making napalm on his computer and had notes on martyrdom under his bed became Britain's youngest convicted terrorist yesterday.

Hammaad Munshi, whose grandfather is a leading Islamic scholar, was 16 and taking his GCSEs when he was arrested. Munshi, now 18, was convicted of making a record of information likely to be useful in terrorism following a three-month trial at Blackfriars Crown Court in London. He was cleared of one possession offence.

It really isn't far away from thinkpol that. Possession of information is deemed to be enough for a conviction.

Skashion said:
goose72 said:
No, but they decide on national planning guidance that is passed down to councils advocating turning the UK into fecking Oceania...

Airstrip One mate.

Pedantic. Airstrip One is part of Oceania.

I would have hugely preferred a Labour-Lib Dem government to a Tory-Lib Dem one. I should have remembered the libs have shown themselves to be very far from the 'progressive' party I thought . I badly underestimated their willingness to jump in to bed with the Tories. I mean they've been doing it for years at council level.

proressive politics died it's millionth death today

kronkonite said:
I badly underestimated their willingness to jump in to bed with the Tories. I mean they've been doing it for years at council level.

proressive politics died it's millionth death today

Aye, same here. It's certainly going to be very difficult for certain sections of their party. Had Labour and the tories had the same amount of seats, things might have been different. As it is, I can just about stomach their decision to create a relatively stable majority. However, it should be pointed out that the purpose of that majority is to pass a self-consistent legislative programme. I would have thought that would be a difficult task with what I thought were seemingly unlikely bedfellows. Perhaps I shall be proved wrong on that too. I'm beginning to get the sense that nothing would surprise me in politics at the moment.

2-0 to the torys

clegg bottled the chance to make history .effectively killing new labour and the libdems.The old-boy network strikes again.For the good of the country, of course .The labour party has passed it's sell-by date, the libdems relegated to non-league politics.Which leads us back to 1979.Well done to Sky ,mail, s*n ,express,times,telegraph, news of the screws,people and itv.not forgetting the tax-payer funded bbc. Tally fuckin Ho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.