Brown stepping down - What now? [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brown to stand down

mackenzie said:
kronkonite said:
Well perhaps now that they've screwed us so monumentally the likes of you mackenzie can reclaim our party

I see the labour left vote went up so there is hope

The Lib Dems can hopefully temper the Tories.

As you're aware I voted Conservative this time round, but as with all the parties I don't agree with all of their policies, so I'm hoping there may be some truth in what you say.

Anyway, time now for the new guard to grab this country by the scruff of the neck and haul it out of the gutter.

I suppose at least he left with a bit of dignity, once Mandy and Campell through him out the front door.

Re: 2-0 to the torys

bellbuzzer said:
clegg bottled the chance to make history .effectively killing new labour and the libdems.The old-boy network strikes again.For the good of the country, of course .The labour party has passed it's sell-by date, the libdems relegated to non-league politics.Which leads us back to 1979.Well done to Sky ,mail, s*n ,express,times,telegraph, news of the screws,people and itv.not forgetting the tax-payer funded bbc. Tally fuckin Ho

I totally disagree with this chain of thought, the tories will be in a hung parlaiment with a political party that is against almost all their core ideals, thus meaning that the coalition will be fraught with problems and there will be severe restrictions on the tory government, meaning that a lot of what they wish to impose on the people of the UK they will not be able to, while Labour can get its act together and doing what it used to do best, represent the working people of this country, and not chasing the votes of the aristocracy.

Re: 2-0 to the torys

law74 said:
bellbuzzer said:
clegg bottled the chance to make history .effectively killing new labour and the libdems.The old-boy network strikes again.For the good of the country, of course .The labour party has passed it's sell-by date, the libdems relegated to non-league politics.Which leads us back to 1979.Well done to Sky ,mail, s*n ,express,times,telegraph, news of the screws,people and itv.not forgetting the tax-payer funded bbc. Tally fuckin Ho

I totally disagree with this chain of thought, the tories will be in a hung parlaiment with a political party that is against almost all their core ideals, thus meaning that the coalition will be fraught with problems and there will be severe restrictions on the tory government, meaning that a lot of what they wish to impose on the people of the UK they will not be able to, while Labour can get its act together and doing what it used to do best, represent the working people of this country, and not chasing the votes of the aristocracy.

But they don't represent the working class any longer do they? The problem they have now is how do you define the working class? Class boundaries are so blurred now that none of the parties represent a particular class. I class myself as working class but in the last 5 years Labour have done nothing for me & my family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.