Brown stepping down - What now? [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brown to stand down

Cheesy said:
mackenzie said:
The Lib Dems can hopefully temper the Tories.

As you're aware I voted Conservative this time round, but as with all the parties I don't agree with all of their policies, so I'm hoping there may be some truth in what you say.

Anyway, time now for the new guard to grab this country by the scruff of the neck and haul it out of the gutter.

Whoever got in was facing a battle. But the thought of a Lib/Lab/whoever pact was always a bit of a joke.

It is going to be a tough ride, but let's hope that these two leaders can work together, for the interests of the country. And I think it quite obvious that New Labour were, at the end, only in any end game for the notion of clinging onto power.

Re: 2-0 to the torys

law74 said:
bellbuzzer said:
clegg bottled the chance to make history .effectively killing new labour and the libdems.The old-boy network strikes again.For the good of the country, of course .The labour party has passed it's sell-by date, the libdems relegated to non-league politics.Which leads us back to 1979.Well done to Sky ,mail, s*n ,express,times,telegraph, news of the screws,people and itv.not forgetting the tax-payer funded bbc. Tally fuckin Ho

I totally disagree with this chain of thought, the tories will be in a hung parlaiment with a political party that is against almost all their core ideals, thus meaning that the coalition will be fraught with problems and there will be severe restrictions on the tory government, meaning that a lot of what they wish to impose on the people of the UK they will not be able to, while Labour can get its act together and doing what it used to do best, represent the working people of this country, and not chasing the votes of the aristocracy.

Erm, how will there be in a hung parliament when they are close to striking a deal with the lib dems to form a coalition which means they will have a majority in the House?
Labour hasn't represented the working people of this country for years!

mackenzie said:
Cheesy said:
As you're aware I voted Conservative this time round, but as with all the parties I don't agree with all of their policies, so I'm hoping there may be some truth in what you say.

Anyway, time now for the new guard to grab this country by the scruff of the neck and haul it out of the gutter.

Whoever got in was facing a battle. But the thought of a Lib/Lab/whoever pact was always a bit of a joke.

It is going to be a tough ride, but let's hope that these two leaders can work together, for the interests of the country. And I think it quite obvious that New Labour were, at the end, only in any end game for the notion of clinging onto power.

Without a doubt. Just as the last Tory government was only interested in holding on to power. I'd like to think that the electorate can recognise when any government gets to this stage and this is when they get booted out.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Go on Gordon!

You might not appeal to the X Factor voters out there or the self centred 'gimme gimme gimme' capitalist scum but you are at least a man and a human. I salute you.
+1

Fuck Cameron

Prestwich_Blue said:
From Bluemoon's political correspondent.

Outside Downing St & William Hague has just come out the Cabinet Office and being chased by a mob of press men.

Unbelievable Jeff!! Those press men are fighting like beavers to speak to Hague!

10.Goater_Legend said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Go on Gordon!

You might not appeal to the X Factor voters out there or the self centred 'gimme gimme gimme' capitalist scum but you are at least a man and a human. I salute you.
+1

Fuck Cameron
+2

Prestwich_Blue said:
From Bluemoon's political correspondent.

Outside Downing St & William Hague has just come out the Cabinet Office and being chased by a mob of press men.
if only it was a pack of fox-hounds.Back to you Kate

Brown offered to fall on his sword come Aug/ Sept and has now thought 'fook the lot of you, I'm gone now'.

Bigga likes this.

I'll tell you why. He's left no coalition possible. It's now the Tory job and I reckon this country is now even more fecked than before and many of the voters for Cameron will regret getting on Brown's back before too long.

Mark my words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.