Brown stepping down - What now? [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
mikeyboy said:
Cheesy said:
LOL :-)

Got to get a job now have we?

hardly been out of work pal. working class.

So, this Labour government have done fuck all for you too. Well, good news... they can't fuck it up any longer :-)

johnny on the spot said:
Cheesy said:
LOL :-)

Got to get a job now have we?

Cheesy, your score Top Gun score is zero. I have a job.

I help sad people find their war ancestors, rather than create them.

So, as I said to mikey, this Labour government has done fuck all for you too. We workers should all be glad they've gone.

Edit - What's your job? Sounds interesting. Genuine question by the way :-)

Cheesy said:
mikeyboy said:
hardly been out of work pal. working class.

So, this Labour government have done fuck all for you too. Well, good news... they can't fuck it up any longer :-)

correct they have done fuck all for me full of empty promises, but i'm old enough to remember the 1980's. so if you think it's fucked up now and it's gonna be great from now on then good luck to you fella you'll need it.

Re: Brown to stand down

Bigga said:
foxy said:
Brown was trying to appeal to x factor voters though. Brown spent more time concentrating on his PR than being a PM! He was on American idol FFS! He then went on Piers Morgan's real life stories to try and improve his image and appeal to these jeremy kyle/X-Factor viewers co-incidently at the time where thefe was speculation about him having a temper and being a bully in the workplace. He also decides to doll up his wife Sarah by wacking some paint on her mug and gettin her some PR by providing some charity work for her in order to attract your 'x factor' voters.

You need to ask WHY he felt forced to do that!

I'll give you a hint. People got on his back that he was 'dour'. Fook me, he's a politician, not an actor! Getting on his case that Cameron had more 'personality'. Who gives a fook? The MTV generation does, that's who. Tell me why Clegg was more popular on TV? Because he's 'handsome'. Fook me, what a shallow nation, this is!

Brown is the best politician of the lot, but his face never fit.

It really is THAT simple.

Yes I am agree there is an 'MTV generation' of voters who probably voted for the Lib Dems on the basis of that itv appearance and have never witnessed any PMQs or political debates in their lives elsewhere.

But to be fair the 'MTV/x-factor generation' voters are probably as bad as the deluded "we hate conservatives for what they did in the 80s and labour still represents working class" voters.

Cheesy said:
Bigga said:
Brown offered to fall on his sword come Aug/ Sept and has now thought 'fook the lot of you, I'm gone now'.

Bigga likes this.

I'll tell you why. He's left no coalition possible. It's now the Tory job and I reckon this country is now even more fecked than before and many of the voters for Cameron will regret getting on Brown's back before too long.

Mark my words.

Brown offered to fall on his sword in Aug/Sep for one reason only.... a last ditch desperate attempt to keep a party in power that the people of this country don't want.

No.

The people didn't want BROWN in charge. Not Labour.

It became a beauty contest and a pathetic one, at that.

mikeyboy said:
Cheesy said:

correct they have done fuck all for me full of empty promises, but i'm old enough to remember the 1980's. so if you think it's fucked up now and it's gonna be great from now on then good luck to you fella you'll need it.

Well, I'm hoping for different :-) I also remeber the eighties & mid nineties and I can safely say I;m far worse off now (as is the country as a whole). 1997 - 2005 was not a bad time and I voted Labour back then, but the last 5 years have been a shambles.<br /><br />-- Tue May 11, 2010 8:10 pm --<br /><br />
Bigga said:
Cheesy said:
Brown offered to fall on his sword in Aug/Sep for one reason only.... a last ditch desperate attempt to keep a party in power that the people of this country don't want.

No.

The people didn't want BROWN in charge. Not Labour.

It became a beauty contest and a pathetic one, at that.

So what you're saying is that the majority of those who don't happen to agree with your views didn't study policies, manifestos, etc, but instead voted for the most photogenic? That's a little condesceding isn't it?

foxy said:
Bigga said:

I'll give you a hint. People got on his back that he was 'dour'. Fook me, he's a politician, not an actor! Getting on his case that Cameron had more 'personality'. Who gives a fook? The MTV generation does, that's who. Tell me why Clegg was more popular on TV? Because he's 'handsome'. Fook me, what a shallow nation, this is!

Yes I am agree there is an 'MTV generation' of voters who probably voted for the Lib Dems on the basis of that itv appearance and have never witnessed any PMQs or political debates in their lives elsewhere.

But to be fair the 'MTV/x-factor generation' voters are probably as bad as the deluded "we hate conservatives for what they did in the 80s and labour still represents working class" voters.

I'll agree with that to an extent. I haven't, to this day, heard a Cameron policy that made any fooking sense in how he would achieve it.

Ridiculous 'politician'.

foxy said:
Bigga said:

From what I remember there was only one of the leaders so desperate to appear cool that he actually mentioned the X-Factor during the leadership debates. No prizes for guessing who ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.