Brown stepping down - What now? [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brown to stand down

I don't care who gets in as long as that Emergency Tory Budget that Dave was talking about doesn't happen

alextrueblue said:
FFS! for all those who voted for Brown, what happens now?

Well, basically, all those who voted for Brown, that is to say the majority of those who voted in KirKcaldy and Cowdenbeath, will find Brown serving as their MP for the duration of the next parliament, unless retirement, death etc. should change this situation, in which case they get to pick a new one.

That ok for you?

A deal with the lib dem's doesn't give them the magic number does it? They will have to lick the 4 sinn feinn's arses along with the snp and the welsh, sounds very stable doesn't it!

I hope david cameron forces the minority government issue now!

Damocles said:
I don't care who gets in as long as that Emergency Tory Budget that Dave was talking about doesn't happen

Im sort of in the same situation, doesnt effect me as much but these spending cuts will likely cost over half my family their jobs.

alextrueblue wrote:
They will have to lick the 4 sinn feinn's arses

Sinn Feinn don't take their seats, so if they do lick Sinn Feinn's arses it'd be purely for their own enjoyment. SNP, PC, SDLP and Green seem more likely partners in a glorious new 'progressive coalition'.

Cheesy said:
kiam06 said:
Good news as this hopefully means Labour and Libs will join together as a conservative government would be a nightmare for most.

Rubbish.

Besides anything else a Lib/Lab coalition wouldn't have an overall majority anyway. They's have to rely on Plaid/SNP/Greens, etc. It would be a fcuking disaster.

So so wrong but I won't even attempt to explain why as there is obviously no point.

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Damocles said:

Im sort of in the same situation, doesnt effect me as much but these spending cuts will likely cost over half my family their jobs.
It will have to be done whoever is in power and if not this year then next. I was also uneasy about the Tory plan to do it sooner rather than later and was hopig that a LD/Con alliance would put the block on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.