Brown stepping down - What now? [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
mackenzie said:
SWP's back said:
I still do not understand why you raised it knowing real terms you were wrong. It is like me saying I am richer than Henry VIII (8th for you state schooler's) was I have a few thousand in the bank and never had that. It is just wrong.

Have to tell you that Henry V111 was almost bankrupt during his reign.

Not the best example you could have given.

What type of school was he in again?

*gets pen to note my son doesn't attend it*

Just curious that's all...

mackenzie said:
SWP's back said:
I still do not understand why you raised it knowing real terms you were wrong. It is like me saying I am richer than Henry VIII (8th for you state schooler's) was I have a few thousand in the bank and never had that. It is just wrong.

Yeah but he did alright with debt by forming the Royal Navy that ended up giving the country the largest empire the world has ever seen. (See what happens when you manage a large debt properly - like most people do with a mortgage).

So a fine example I believe.

BUt you get my point (unless you were too busy worrying about Western Women being opressed by the media eh pet)?

Also it is Henry VIII (eye eye eye not 111).

-- Tue May 11, 2010 11:11 pm --

Bigga said:
mackenzie said:

I have replied to her already "Bigga". (rather well I think)

Lancaster Royal Grammar Scool (don't worry I am sure you son would not get in - a top school you see).

Ducado said:
To be fair to the left wing ranters on here, you always make a better opposition, and long may you continue, just as long as you never get in power again that will suit me and millions of others just fine

Last word, there is now a Conservative Government with the Lib Dems, get over it, there will be an election in 4 years!
think you will find its a coalition govrnment and i will give it 6 months tops, then we will see the real shite the tories want to do.

Cheesy said:
BingoBango said:
I saw that, shame - partly because Ashdown would have been an excellent choice, and partly because Fox is a twat and I've liked to see him cry.

LOL. I've not got any strong feelings either way about Liam Fox, but I do like Paddy so yeah, it's a shame.

I don't know a lot about Liam Fox but I do know his nephew who says he's a ****, he's also apparently a closet gay, not that that bothers me but it apparently bothers him enough to spin a story or two in the papers about him and Natalie Imbruglia.

Bigga said:
mackenzie said:

Henry V111 was determined to enjoy himself, after years of his Father Henry V11 being a bit of a tightfisted git.

He worked his way through the fortune of his Dad like there was no tomorrow.

And Henry V111 was schooled as as the younger Son of a Monarch for much of his early years life ie the religious calling.

When Arthur (the elder son and heir) died at 15 then Henry's teaching in the Church ways stood him in very good stead for what happened 30 years later. In that he had a smattering of insight into theological law and was a bit of a t**t to the Monasteries and suchlike when he wanted to raise a few pennies.

PS...not sure how SWP plays into this. Any thoughts of a six times married incredibly violent but insecure egotist who spends money like it is going out of fashion has to be a bit of a dick after all.

SWP's Back hits the nail on the head. Thatcher did indeed make us into a global player.

Some liberal lefties and down right anti-thatcher morons on this thread are embarrasing.

Please quit with all this making the rich richer malarcky, its far to easy to say and carries no substance.

maineman said:
Ducado said:
To be fair to the left wing ranters on here, you always make a better opposition, and long may you continue, just as long as you never get in power again that will suit me and millions of others just fine

Last word, there is now a Conservative Government with the Lib Dems, get over it, there will be an election in 4 years!
think you will find its a coalition govrnment and i will give it 6 months tops, then we will see the real shite the tories want to do.

Wow - I just love it when everyone knows what is going to happen in the future.

Like when people say City finish in x position etc next season. Life must be very boring for you, what with knowing everything and all.

You going to offer to beat me up outside of PM's this time fella or do you just keep it quiet when you are threatening people now the season has ended?

Prestwich_Blue said:
Daviesmcfc said:
The national debt was due to a world economic crisis you dope.
This "world economic crisis" didn't affect Brazil, India, Russia, China, Australia, Canada....

It certainly affected the UK, which had the worst of the recession and was the last country to come out of it. Coincidence?

Due to doing so well before hand.

Manchester suffered first in the North West and is due to recover first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.