Bruno Fernandes

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Andrew___K, 22 Apr 2019.

1. Thenumber1blue

Thenumber1blue

Does he ?

2. peace frog

peace frog

Now that's what i call a highlights video

3. Brightwells left peg

Brightwells left peg

Back in Blighty...just in time for Brexit
    Can you imagine how giddy we’d all be getting if he wasn’t ours, but we were being linked with him as a transfer target!

4. Dribble

Dribble

Foden has proven himself at youth level, but expecting him to start & be effective at man kevel, over 40+ games per season, & to replace what we've lost in David Silva? Can't see it mate.

As an example; against Spurs, at times he made so little impact, that I felt like we were a man short. However he did score the all important goal which made many clamour for him to become an instant starter.

Foden's time will come, but we can't possibly expect to thrust our expectations on him at his current level. BTW, I wasn't one of those calling Pep 'Fraudiola' & trying to advise the great man how to approach playing in the PL. :-)

Last edited: 14 Jul 2019
    jayfx likes this.
  5. jayfx

jayfx

No mate, he just gets bored sometimes

6. dhruvblue

dhruvblue

Bruno is 24.If we sign him how does Foden gets in anyway?? How Foden's time will come?? In 3 years when Foden's 'time comes' we would be still stacked in that position - Bruno Fernandez, Replacement of Ilkay (bcoz even next year when we will be linked with someone people will give same excuse that Foden is not ready and we must sign someone).We will accept a teenager from other teams with open arms but will use the term not ready for our very own players.

ctid1894 likes this.
  7. ctid1894

ctid1894

This is one of those posts were you’re replying to something no one has ever actually said. Who mentioned anything about starting 40+ games? And who mentioned anything about him having an impact in every single game?

It’s like you’ve got the extremities of him absolutely not being ready for 3-4 years and him being an instant first team regular right this very second in your head. When the truth actually lies in the middle but you’re not prepared to see it or even read it.

8. willipp

willipp

I think Fodens time is very much here, just not in the sense that you said. I think he will start a lot more games in the PL this season, though probably only 10/15 max and he we will be heavily involved in the cups. This will be a great year of development for him and hopefully set him up for a future regular role. If we did sign fernandes, I feel that would be severely restricted.

ctid1894 likes this.
  9. ctid1894

ctid1894

Back on subject with Fernandes.

We want players who will come in and have the ability to improve the first team (e.g. Rodri, Mahrez, Laporte, Mendy, Walker, Ederson and Bernardo) within 12 months. Mahrez and Mendy haven’t quite gone to plan for various reasons but again if they play to the best of their ability they would be first team regulars. Bringing in the likes of Danilo as a squad player leads to the situation we’re in now, he’s not entirely happy with the lack of game time and we’re not entirely happy because we want someone who can hopefully replace Walker.

Fernandes just strikes me as another squad player, yes he’s good, very good in fact, yes he will get some game time but in 1-2 years he’ll be fed up and wanting to leave. He’s never going to replace De Bruyne who is simply the best all round midfielder in world football (fitness permitting) and we can’t utilise two #8’s who are so similar. De Bruyne and Silva works, De Bruyne and Bernardo works, De Bruyne and Gundogan works. Yet you put Silva and Gundogan together for example and it’s slow, ineffective and just doesn’t work even though they’re both brilliant players, they’re too similar and you lose that variety of long range passing and running at defenders.

Yes I know Angelino is probably a squad player (if Mendy is fit) but that’s different, he’s the right player at the right time and the right price to be more than worth a gamble especially with him being classed as club trained it’s a free hit!!

10. Stoned Rose

Stoned Rose

This will be his first ‘proper’ season imo.

Dave will be gone this time next year and if Bernardo can step into his shoes and Foden into his, we’ll save ourselves a fucking fortune.

Think he’ll start 15ish league games and come on as a sub in many of the others.

This season will ready him for taking over.

willipp likes this.