Bruno Guimaraes

More pertinently on being favourites. I don't perceive this as being arrogant it is factually accurate as far as the bookies are concerned.
Implied probability of us winning the league according to bet365 sitting at 47.62%. Followed by Arsenal at 34.84%, Liverpool at 12.5%, and Chelsea at 4.76%.
Bookies make us favourites for every match we play, every competition and trophy we play for. I am sure they would make us favourites in the NFL, NBA, Billiards and Everything we have no business being in ;)
I know what the bookies think of us, we all know. We are the favourites in everything. We probably the favourites for the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2024/25, despite Madrid getting Mbappe. I am not saying Madrid should be the favourites because of Mbappe. #Put away the pitchforks and machete#. But, getting Mbappe has bolstered their squad in the attack!

Coming off from a City fan, before transfers are even open, screams undermining other teams. I get calling us favourites does not mean we will win. But also calling us favourites before you even see how other teams strengthen their squads and with us allegedly not bringing much reinforcement except maybe Savio, is arrogant. Opposition teams are not standing still, they are closing the gap by strengthening. We have lost goal scorers from different positions of the pitch, even though we may have scored 2 more goals than the season prior. We have not replaced those goal scorers. I do not want us to be predictable in where the goals are coming from.

But as I said, it might be the Half Empty person in me talking.

Bookies make us favourites for every match we play, every competition and trophy we play for. I am sure they would make us favourites in the NFL, NBA, Billiards and Everything we have no business being in ;)
I know what the bookies think of us, we all know. We are the favourites in everything. We probably the favourites for the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2024/25, despite Madrid getting Mbappe.

Coming off from a City fan, before transfers are even open, screams undermining other teams. I get calling us favourites does not mean we will win. But also calling us favourites before you even see how other teams strengthen their squads and with us allegedly not bringing much reinforcement except maybe Savio, is arrogant. Opposition teams are not standing still, they are closing the gap by strengthening. We have lost goal scorers from different positions of the pitch, even though we may have scored 2 more goals than the season prior. We have not replaced those goal scorers. I do not want us to be predictable in where the goals are coming from.

But we have Pep , and as it stands are the best team in England so we start as favourites in my book.

I know what the bookies think of us, we all know. We are the favourites in everything. We probably the favourites for the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2024/25, despite Madrid getting Mbappe. I am not saying Madrid should be the favourites because of Mbappe. #Put away the pitchforks and machete#. But, getting Mbappe has bolstered their squad in the attack!

I'm not for a moment suggesting that we should not strengthen or that if other teams strengthen and we don't it will be a good thing. I would imagine the odds reflect an expectation that we will strengthen and the odds would worsen if we did not.
However as things stand it is a matter of fact rather than arrogance that we are favourites in so much as we can measure it.

We should be favorites over Madrid regardless of who they sign. We played them off the pitch over the past few seasons.

And you're providing evidence of why we may not be favourites come the start of the season. Nobody is arguing this isn't true. A lot can change in a few months. But right now, we are the favourites. And we've earned that right. Ask the fans of any other team. Any neutral. This is not an opinion but a fact.

It's okay to be pessimistic - but its not arrogant to be realistic. We're favourites.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.