Bruno Guimaraes

100%

But it was a very big contract to offer in the first place, as said, very unlike the way we do business.

We once had to pay top money to get players to sign in the early days of the takeover, that's was understandable.

But as Multi Champions and signing a player from a lesser club the personal deal for Phillips was way over the top.
My guess is his wage was very bonus orientated. His failure to go anything of significance in his time with us lends to the view that anything over 20k a week was wasteful.
Ederson being one of the lowest paid keepers around evens it up a bit I suppose..

My guess is his wage was very bonus orientated. His failure to go anything of significance in his time with us lends to the view that anything over 20k a week was wasteful.
Ederson being one of the lowest paid keepers around evens it up a bit I suppose..
I hope your right, otherwise he will be the new Danny Mills.

Reports of what Ederson was on shocked me, and why I am skeptical about some of these wages figures branded about.

So why does Manchester City never get top dollar for our players,
( it's negligent not to get the highest price possible ) Cancelo, Phillips, to name a few

I think we usually do get good value when selling players and that the problem is that we as fans often drastically overestimate our own players' value.

Looking back through all the departures since Pep has arrived, the only one that stands out is Cole Palmer and that's only entirely in retrospect. We still got a great feeling for what he was at the time.

Look at how much we got for Sterling, Gabby and Zinny all in one window.

Nobody is going to pay the full whack for Cancelo because of his history and Kalvin Phillips is genuinely worthless to pretty much every Premier League team.

Can’t really remember now but weren’t united and liverpool also linked with him around that time, I guess their offers wouldn’t have been far off ours, and both above Leeds offer.
"linked"

I think for once Tixki was done but he has a hell of a lot of credit in the bank.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.