Bruno Guimaraes

Could see him going somewhere like Everton. Slightly different but like Cancelo in the fact clubs know we don’t want the player so they will get a favourable deal. And probably a loan anyway.
He was a good player,a player Pep thought had enough talent to improve on and make a City player, his confidence is shot. Any decent manager should have enough belief they can get that £40 mill player back. £20 mill is a bit of a gamble but sure there will be some team willing to take it. Was speaking to a Forest fan, he said he'd take him for £20 mill

He was a good player,a player Pep thought had enough talent to improve on and make a City player, his confidence is shot. Any decent manager should have enough belief they can get that £40 mill player back. £20 mill is a bit of a gamble but sure there will be some team willing to take it.

If I was a betting man, I'd have money on Phillips being a board buy and not a Pep buy. He got 3 league starts. Now his confidence and match fitness both need to massaged back to life. I reckon he'll be a loan with an option unless West Ham fancy him in the summer.

If I was a betting man, I'd have money on Phillips being a board buy and not a Pep buy. He got 3 league starts. Now his confidence and match fitness both need to massaged back to life. I reckon he'll be a loan with an option unless West Ham fancy him in the summer.
Zero and I mean zero chance of anyone going over Pep's head on a transfer.

Phillips looked decent at Leeds, had some good performances internationally and came with rave reviews from Bielsa who Pep treats like the God of football. It really isn't difficult to see why he passed a number of the criteria that every transfer will be judged on before we sign them.

It just hasn't worked out. It happens sometimes, thankfully for us we make money on nearly every player we sell and can absorb losses like we expect to take on Phillips better than any other club.

Zero and I mean zero chance of anyone going over Pep's head on a transfer.
I agree that there is no chance of a player being bought who Pep has said no to. But some are bought where Pep is not the prime instigator or is pressing for.
He said himself that Doku was mainly bought by Txiki and he did not have much knowledge himself.

West Ham paid a decent price and also invested a large amount of game time(and likely some game points dropped) on Paqueta until he got used to PL and started to perform. If we did it last season we would not be a title contender.
We carried Kalvin through the season. Paqueta would have been much much better even if had taken some time to gel. Kalvin is the worst signing we have made since Eike Immel

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.