Bruno Guimaraes

I think if rodri doesnt play, we will implement a different system, rodri is important dont get me wrong but the games that we lost last season when he wasnt playing i would say there are mitigating circumstances to each of them and it has slightly skewed opinion when it comes to us playing without him, like i said he is quality but i think we are capable of winning games without him exactly as we won games without kdb, haaland, stones, ederson etc etc
That plan didn’t work last season did it mate . Hope you’re right though

I think if rodri doesnt play, we will implement a different system, rodri is important dont get me wrong but the games that we lost last season when he wasnt playing i would say there are mitigating circumstances to each of them and it has slightly skewed opinion when it comes to us playing without him, like i said he is quality but i think we are capable of winning games without him exactly as we won games without kdb, haaland, stones, ederson etc etc

I agree and think there were a lot of mitigating circumstances why we didn't win without Rodri. Not having Kev was also a factor. Rodri is good at spraying passes like a deep lying midfielder in the final 3rd. Maybe Kev can do this sitting next to Kovacic. Even when Rodri did play we were still vulnerable on the counters. Perhaps with Savio and Bobb on the right instead of Bernardo or Phil coming narrow this means the winger can stay wide and take on the fullback so Walker wouldn't need to play high and wide? He can sit more preventing counters.

Agreed. Imo Lewis and Kovacic are 12 months more in tune with what Pep wants and we can go without Rodri and not be hit as hard as we were last season. Heck even De Bruyne will likely be playing deeper this year so throw him in the mix. The line-up against Chelsea will be pretty rough but we'll at least get a look at what Pep's planning for in the event Rodri gets suspended or injured.

I thought Newcastle were being forced to sell?

Hopefully before hte end of the window we can get Bruno
Didn't the PSR-threatened clubs just did a huge transfer merry-go-round with each other using youngsters? To my (limited) understanding, it was to circumvent PSR?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.