Bruno Guimaraes

Same with Olmo would be a good addition but I am not sure we are signing him either and I doubt Newcastle will sell him to another Premier League club as well.

Same with Olmo would be a good addition but I am not sure we are signing him either and I doubt Newcastle will sell him to another Premier League club as well.

He has a release clause until June 30th so they wouldn’t have a say if City paid the 100m. Newcastle also need a big sale and whilst they could sell abroad, apart from PSG nobody outside the prem would spend that much on a CM this summer. City went to 90m for Rice. Not sure how high we will go for Bruno, but i think Pep will absolutely love what he brings and I think it is going to get done.

He has a release clause until June 30th so they wouldn’t have a say if City paid the 100m. Newcastle also need a big sale and whilst they could sell abroad, apart from PSG nobody outside the prem would spend that much on a CM this summer. City went to 90m for Rice. Not sure how high we will go for Bruno, but i think Pep will absolutely love what he brings and I think it is going to get done.
Luis Suarez had one at Livarpool but didn't move to Arsenal. It is not a cast iron guarantee for a Premier League club.

You seem quite down on all the rumored signings mate?

It is called being realistic. Nothing is cut and dried or straightforward. We still have good cover and there is no need to rush to make any signings.

Bruno maybe more now that his release clause is only valid until the end of June and he is Peps number one choice? Get him in then everything else can be dependent on squad changes etc

He isn't worth rushing for and just because he is Pep's number one choice it doesn't mean we are really going to follow up for that player and besides that Newcastle still does have a say what happens as well.

Luis Suarez had one at Livarpool but didn't move to Arsenal. It is not a cast iron guarantee for a Premier League club.
He didn't. That clause was intended to trigger conversations around him leaving. Arsenal knew full well they would have to bid more than 40m. Ironically the agent was Pere Guardiola but he must have got better since then!

Thankfully agents have got smarter now and have cast iron guarantees in their players contracts which is what Eddie Howe has spoken about so if we want Bruno then we pay 100m and it's done.

The slight caveat with the clause is it's only active till end of june which means it's included in this years PSR results so we have to assume City can already stomach this. Alternatively you do a deal after June for more than 100m but with more favourable payment terms, Newcastle could resist but then Bruno makes it difficult and you end up with a long summer.

He didn't. That clause was intended to trigger conversations around him leaving. Arsenal knew full well they would have to bid more than 40m. Ironically the agent was Pere Guardiola but he must have got better since then!

Thankfully agents have got smarter now and have cast iron guarantees in their players contracts which is what Eddie Howe has spoken about so if we want Bruno then we pay 100m and it's done.

The slight caveat with the clause is it's only active till end of june which means it's included in this years PSR results so we have to assume City can already stomach this. Alternatively you do a deal after June for more than 100m but with more favourable payment terms, Newcastle could resist but then Bruno makes it difficult and you end up with a long summer.
Suarez stll had one but Liverpool totally ignored it. They did get one more season out of him and then moved him on. I am still not convinced Bruno Gumaraes' clause is for Premier League clubs either.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.