Bruno Guimaraes

All the clause does is define a price at which Newcastle are comfortable to sell as it’s above market valuation. Then it is up to the player. I doubt Bruno G would want to move away from Newcastle, barring a handful of elite clubs.
He still had a fair chunk on his old contract to get Newcastle an even better fee than his apparent release clause.

He still had a fair chunk on his old contract to get Newcastle an even better fee than his apparent release clause.
He may well have had one in his first contract too though. It was a punt to go to Newcastle so early in their “project”.

I doubt Newcastle wanted any realise clauses. (Just look at Dan Ashworth!) This leads me to believe the player/agent demanded it.

He may well have had one in his first contract too though. It was a punt to go to Newcastle so early in their “project”.

I doubt Newcastle wanted any realise clauses. (Just look at Dan Ashworth!) This leads me to believe the player/agent demanded it.
I don't disagree but the selling club still has a say. Suarez would have been playing for Arsenal in 2013 if that was the case.

I don't disagree but the selling club still has a say.
Not when a clause is in place.

Villa delayed accepting it as they tried to match our personal terms for Grealish. When the player said he wanted to leave, they had nowhere to go.

Suarez did have a release clause. Henry ignored it. If Suarez wanted to go to Arsenal, he’d have kicked up a huge legal fuss and he’d have gone or been released from his contract by an employment tribunal.

I don't disagree but the selling club still has a say. Suarez would have been playing for Arsenal in 2013 if that was the case.
Not if the release clause is met they don't. All they can do is to try and persuade the player to stay.

Not if the release clause is met they don't. All they can do is to try and persuade the player to stay.
Arsenal still met that clause in 2013. Liverpool managed persuaded him to stay for one more season and he moved on to Barcelona. No reason Newcastle could still do the same this time around.

Not when a clause is in place.

Villa delayed accepting it as they tried to match our personal terms for Grealish. When the player said he wanted to leave, they had nowhere to go.

Suarez did have a release clause. Henry ignored it. If Suarez wanted to go to Arsenal, he’d have kicked up a huge legal fuss and he’d have gone or been released from his contract by an employment tribunal.
That went to the latter end of the transfer window despite it looking like a formality. Even though there was no release clause involved, Fabian Delph's move took its time.

Standard: Some clubs believe they can close the transfer of Bruno Guimarães from Newcastle United for a value closer to £80 million than the release clause in the player’s contract.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.