Bruno Guimaraes

Everyone would like early decisions but it rarely happens and unlikely to happen in the future. Transfers can crop up any time for any number of reasons
Normally I would agree but the Euro's change things slightly, the big unknown for me is the PSR rules, wasn't it the case that Chelsea had to bring in a shitload of money by the 1st June or it couldn't be included in this years accounts?

Unless of course they have a another hotel they can sell themselves.

I think Bruno G will be our first signing
The problem I have is that some people have leapt on unsubstantiated rumours that ‘Guardiola wants Guimaraes and Paqueta’ and have accepted that as Gospel. When you step back and think about it, however, we’ve tended not to operate in such a way in the past; it would suggest that anyone arriving instead did so without Guardiola’s blessing, which would be a foolhardy way to run the club. Even if it were true and that he did want them both, well, we now know, fairly certainly, that Paqueta won’t be joining, so do we really need Guimaraes by himself? Is he capable of filling Rodri’s shoes and giving him a rest, or would he, too, need Rodri beside him to flourish. Maybe you’ll be right. We presumably won’t have to wait long to find out.

The problem I have is that some people have leapt on unsubstantiated rumours that ‘Guardiola wants Guimaraes and Paqueta’ and have accepted that as Gospel. When you step back and think about it, however, we’ve tended not to operate in such a way in the past; it would suggest that anyone arriving instead did so without Guardiola’s blessing, which would be a foolhardy way to run the club. Even if it were true and that he did want them both, well, we now know, fairly certainly, that Paqueta won’t be joining, so do we really need Guimaraes by himself? Is he capable of filling Rodri’s shoes and giving him a rest, or would he, too, need Rodri beside him to flourish. Maybe you’ll be right. We presumably won’t have to wait long to find out.
I'm with you on that line of thinking. Bruno especially already had quite a high profile at Lyon, yet the club didn't jump at the opportunity. Then again it could have just been the wrong moment.

I'm with you on that line of thinking. Bruno especially already had quite a high profile at Lyon, yet the club didn't jump at the opportunity. Then again it could have just been the wrong moment.
Was not a priority then, we had Ferna, Rodri, Gundo, KdB, Bernardo, Foden who could run midfield

If i remember correctly in 2022 priority was a striker and was cm/cdm was after Ferna left and then it was too late with Bruno going to Newcastle in Jan2022

He would mostly be a good fit but yet another midfielder who recovers back towards his own goal like a little old granny to go along with Foden, De Bruyne, Doku, Kovačić. If he's slightly out of position and the ball goes in behind him he's done for, apart from being more likely to take they yellow stopping the move than the others mentioned. Maybe won't matter if we have a new manager soon who plays a more compact style.

Vs other mids

Most duels won in the league(all positions)
Most take ons of any central midfielder
5th most tackles
10th most interceptions
2nd most accurate long balls(after Rodri)
4th most accurate passes
2nd most chances created from open play(After Odegaard)
2nd most through balls(Erling likes this)
3rd most assists(8)
4th most goals(7)

A proper all rounder who has the tools to play alongside Rodri or cover for him. The must buy of the summer for me.

Vs other mids

Most duels won in the league(all positions)
Most take ons of any central midfielder
5th most tackles
10th most interceptions
2nd most accurate long balls(after Rodri)
4th most accurate passes
2nd most chances created from open play(After Odegaard)
2nd most through balls(Erling likes this)
3rd most assists(8)
4th most goals(7)

A proper all rounder who has the tools to play alongside Rodri or cover for him. The must buy of the summer for me.
His numbers are impressive. Bruno or Neves along side Rodri would be outstanding!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.