Bruno Guimaraes

His numbers are impressive. Bruno or Neves along side Rodri would be outstanding!

Neves looks good for Benfica but too many frauds out of that team in recent years, as the low quality of the league makes them look better than they are(Darwin scoring goal a game there for example). I doubt we'd risk the over 100mil it'd cost to get him.

Joao Felix - 120mil
Darwin Nunez - 85mil
Renato Sanches - 50mil
Enzo Fernandes - 107mil
Goncalo Ramos - 65mil
Lindelof - 35mil

They got 460+mil for about 200mil worth of talent there.

Neves looks good for Benfica but too many frauds out of that team in recent years, as the low quality of the league makes them look better than they are(Darwin scoring goal a game there for example). I doubt we'd risk the over 100mil it'd cost to get him.

Joao Felix - 120mil
Darwin Nunez - 85mil
Renato Sanches - 50mil
Enzo Fernandes - 107mil
Goncalo Ramos - 65mil
Lindelof - 35mil

They got 460+mil for about 200mil worth of talent there.
That's the thing with Benfica lately. They have been over pricing their talent. Their latest batch has been nothing but sub_par and they are still slapping those ridiculous prices on those players. I also wouldn't recommend risking 100Mil too, the last and only 100Mill player we got isn't really reaping off the trees! The 100 Mill players that have been churned out in the Epl, have been nothing but underwhelming and fraudulent!

Last edited:
Newcastle are now able to hold tight and not accept anything below RC. Imagine they will say to the player - don’t kick off, play well this season and if this time next year we aren’t in the champions league and you want to go then we will relax the fee then. Not sure we could do it for 100m when we need another 3 or 4 players as well. Doesn’t give you much basis for negotiating if you have paid 100m for someone with his CV.

For £100m you'd expect to get one of the very best on the planet. Is he really in that bracket?
Best on the planet no, best for what we need then maybe.That said I don't watch much football outside the P/L so there may be others. My point being best on the planet and best for what we need are different things.

For £100m you'd expect to get one of the very best on the planet. Is he really in that bracket?
Not sure about that as there were 3 central midfielders signed by PL clubs last year for over £100m: Rice, Caicedo and Fernandez.

Guimareas is about the same level as Rice and comfortably better than Chelsea's 2.

Given a further year has also passed and prices tend to go up, I'd say £100m is probably a decent fee, actually.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.