Bruno Guimaraes

joelinton isnt sitting in a 6 and controlling a game anytime soon, Rodri would get zero rest
Howe rather astutely converted Joelinton to play in central midfield, and he hired his own physical conditioning staff to help him last summer. Have a lot of respect for him and think he's terribly underrated. It's certainly a different proposition playing Newcastle United when he's in the side.

no, no hes not.

He is though, Newcastle are shite without him.
It's often him that allows Guimaraes to shine. If we had wanted a like-for-like signing from Newcastle to rest Rodri, Joelinton would have made more sense; height, physicality, and versatility, too. Guimaraes is a good player, but whether he's got what it takes to allow Rodri to put up his plates of meat, I'm not so sure.

Correct and that's why I would take him.

fantastic response. Again

Howe rather astutely converted Joelinton to play in central midfield, and he hired his own physical conditioning staff to help him last summer. Have a lot of respect for him and think he's terribly underrated. It's certainly a different proposition playing Newcastle United when he's in the side.
he is, wouldnt be needed in our midfield though, we see far too much of the ball to show his best qualities imo

he is, wouldnt be needed in our midfield though, we see far too much of the ball to show his best qualities imo
He's much better on the ball than he is given credit for. I advocated signing him before he penned his new contract and before we were linked with Guimaraes. He could easily have played instead of Rodri in games outside the top 6, could easily have played the role that Gvardiol has been given in recent weeks, and could easily have deputised for Haaland, too. Quite a versatile player for less output. It's immaterial now, of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.