Bruno Guimaraes

I did not put him in the same bracket as Phillips, What I said was I think he's not at our level,
Stand-out players at another club can not make the jump up to the level and get found out.

Not sure who we sign then? Players who don't stand out at other clubs?

I agree that there's no guarantees though, if that's your point.

I'd like Guimaraes. He can do a bit of everything - play deep, go forward, he has energy, he has technique, he doesn't seem to have fitness issues. He's as much a chance of fitting into Pep's plans as anyone.

Not sure who we sign then? Players who don't stand out at other clubs?

I agree that there's no guarantees though, if that's your point.

I'd like Guimaraes. He can do a bit of everything - play deep, go forward, he has energy, he has technique, he doesn't seem to have fitness issues. He's as much a chance of fitting into Pep's plans as anyone.

I think Pep needs to have a system to fall back on without Rodri, I would say having a solid defence with a left back right back would help somebody in the holding role. Sometimes the simple setup helps a player in that holding role.

That last part makes no sense - we've made loads of signings of stand out players from other clubs that have worked out.

Grealish, Gvardiol, Haaland, Rodri, Dias, Bernardo, Mahrez, Laporte to name but a few from Pep's reign.

Far more hits than misses.

But the main holding midfield player to replace is still missing, Also would a world-class player sign knowing he is just a squad player and cover ? I am in the camp of a system change when Rodri is out, Having a left back/right back in a settled back 4 and stop using the inverted full-backs and maybe have 2 wingers, Simple football

I reckon you could say that about every single signing other than probably Haaland in the last decade.

Every signing is a risk. This one would be a lot less than many due to prior experience, stats and scouting reports I reckon.

Spot on. So change the system when Rodri is out, Simple football

He doesn't have to be as good as Rodri; no one is. But he needs to be good enough for Pep to trust him. I believe Bruno is good enough for that. PL proven, strong, creative, etc. Perfect fit.
Phillips couldn't do that and we are where we are with Rodri's backup situation now.

Simple football, World-class players can play a 4.4,2 solid back 4 with full-backs, 2 wingers, 2 centre midfield, 2 strikers,

But the main holding midfield player to replace is still missing, Also would a world-class player sign knowing he is just a squad player and cover ? I am in the camp of a system change when Rodri is out, Having a left back/right back in a settled back 4 and stop using the inverted full-backs and maybe have 2 wingers, Simple football

Who said he would be a squad player and cover? We were after Rice & Paqueta last year, neither would be just cover. Our best football came when Rodri had Kovacic next to him and I'd presume that's why we are purportedly after Guimaraes now. Think the idea is someone that can sit with Rodri, but also capable of taking the 6 role in his absence. Guimaraes looks like what we wanted in Phillips, as he's tenacious but with a good passing range & creativity.

Can I just add, life after Pep what system will we setup in, With a new manager Rodri may not suit the new manager's ideas, We need a left back (World class) Simple setup, Life after Pep

Can I just add, life after Pep what system will we setup in, With a new manager Rodri may not suit the new manager's ideas, We need a left back (World class) Simple setup, Life after Pep

Madrid struggling for cash for Davies? Would love him here

Who said he would be a squad player and cover? We were after Rice & Paqueta last year, neither would be just cover. Our best football came when Rodri had Kovacic next to him and I'd presume that's why we are purportedly after Guimaraes now. Think the idea is someone that can sit with Rodri, but also capable of taking the 6 role in his absence. Guimaraes looks like what we wanted in Phillips, as he's tenacious but with a good passing range & creativity.

When Rodri is fit Pep does not use 2 holding against 80% of the games in the Premier League, Pep inverted full back role covers one side of the midfield, We all moan when Foden is out on the winger because Pep plays 2 holding,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.