Bruno Guimaraes

We should foster englush talent and sign the best from the other leagues. We have got ripped off royally by PL clubs. Had we gon for Paqueta, Isak and Bruno from France and Spain we would all be smiles now. The talent was evident for all those before we went for other targets.
West Ham paid a decent price and also invested a large amount of game time(and likely some game points dropped) on Paqueta until he got used to PL and started to perform. If we did it last season we would not be a title contender.

It sounds like we will do it depending on the outgoing. There is some talking about Saudi chasing Kova and KDB. I will not be surprised if they seek a big juicy contract after the Euro. And the club is doing the right thing looking a replacement in case of players exit. We did not prepare well enough last summer for Walker and should not repeat.

It sounds like we will do it depending on the outgoing. There is some talking about Saudi chasing Kova and KDB. I will not be surprised if they seek a big juicy contract after the Euro. And the club is doing the right thing looking a replacement in case of players exit. We did not prepare well enough last summer for Walker and should not repeat.
Unless Kev has a complete physical & form collapse, I can't see City not renewing his contract, even if it's only a rolling one year contract.

My one wish is that our older players would quit International football to preserve themselves. Perhaps the likes of Walker & KDB want to go out after a big tournament which could be this summer, but after another gruelling season, I think both need a rest this summer, as opposed to being rinsed in the Euro's, then going straight into another gruelling season.

At their ages, I really don't get what the pull of international football is all about. Personally I'd be more arsed about preserving my City career above all else.

Rodri also needs a complete break, because his eyes look sunken like Uncle Fester's. He can't complain about too much football & then volunteer to work throughout the summer, when he clearly needs extended rest & recuperation.

Last edited:
I can see why we might want Guimaraes and Paqueta in the one summer. After all, they are good friends and play together in the national side. Similarly, they wouldn't need long to settle in and would give Guardiola an immediate strength in depth to compete for the Champions League next season. However, I'd actually prefer us to sign Neves. He is significantly younger, so it would add to our development, and I think we would ultimately rue it if he were to sign for a competitor.

If Pep wants Rashford, then get Rashford.
Guardiola Reaction GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.