Bruno Peres

Txiki and Co playing a blinder for the fourth year in a row. I doubt many would have the players we have signed or seem intent on signing anywhere near the top of their list this summer. Obviously Gundogen is the exception if he recovers and stays fit. Hopefully a big 6 weeks ahead with players that will transform our starting 11,as Pep will have to work miracles on this squad to challenge on all fronts if that doesn't happen.

People are too quick with a load of shit statements like the one you refer to "amateur night".I can only think that some don`t even have the basic knowledge as to how long and time consuming some transfers take.
"He`s available,he wants to come" they shout.If only it was that easy.Thats one reason I never shout you down when things don`t work out as planned as I fully understand how the goalposts can be moved from one club and that then starts the domino affect down the line.
Thats what makes the transfer season so nail biting and at times infuriating,but I have every confidence in our Club to get some of their targets over the next few weeks and even days I would assume.

Granted on some of your points but the issue seems to be a few million more for a player in todays market that will still be a reasonable price. We've p*ssed millions up the wall and it seems like we're just trying to prove we're hard negotiators, there's no consistency, it slows down/jeopardises deals (Isco) & in the end it becomes a long, drawn-out process and we usually end up paying top dollar anyway for players we expect to hit the ground running (Sterling, De Bruyne). Txiki has a lot to prove, even Fernandinho & De Bruyne arguably his two best acquisitions were not easy to get over the line. Send Khaldoon to look after sealing just one target and I guarantee the process would be a lot quicker. I question our/Txiki's approach & Pep must be getting frustrated, surely he would like his targets with the squad ASAP ..

Txiki and Co playing a blinder for the fourth year in a row. I doubt many would have the players we have signed or seem intent on signing anywhere near the top of their list this summer. Obviously Gundogen is the exception if he recovers and stays fit. Hopefully a big 6 weeks ahead with players that will transform our starting 11,as Pep will have to work miracles on this squad to challenge on all fronts if that doesn't happen.

This may shock you, but Pep handpicked our signings and potential signings this year himself. I think he knows how to make a successful squad.

Don't let the media get to you, it's up and down like a yo-yo.

I actually had Eric Bailly top of my list, as well as Ahmed Musa, Joel Maltip, Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, Loris Karius, Sofiane Feghouli Gokhan Tore and Nampalys Mendy

The rwactions on here is like watching a line of ants when a piece of their path is destroyed Most ants look for the original line in the vain hope to pick it up as it was, others reckognize it's useless and try to find another way. Either way the confusion is huge, but some stick to what's in their head.

Pep said he wants to meet, talk, feel and train with the players from the current squad before he can judge them and how to use a system that suits them. His knowledge about the squad on forehand made him realize he at least needed Gündogan and Nolito. Like he feels he needs either Laporte or Stones, the latter the obvious target. Zivchenko is someone he wants to finds out in training first before he decides what to do with the player. And, what many on seem to overlook in their almost spoiled need for new players: We have some interesting youth players coming through. And that's where Pep is really curious about. Especially in this totally crazy football market.

Last edited:
This may shock you, but Pep handpicked our signings and potential signings this year himself. I think he knows how to make a successful squad.

Don't let the media get to you, it's up and down like a yo-yo.
When he has the players to build that squad around I agree with you wholeheartedly. Does he have that with us?...I don't think he has. He's admitted himself that he needs to look at our players in pre-season to see up close of they have what it takes. That might be a bluff but again I don't think it was. This season is going to be a shock to Pep and a big one.

When he has the players to build that squad around I agree with you wholeheartedly. Does he have that with us?...I don't think he has. He's admitted himself that he needs to look at our players in pre-season to see up close of they have what it takes. That might be a bluff but again I don't think it was. This season is going to be a shock to Pep and a big one.

Nonsense. We have already a squad of players head and shoulders above the PL and only bottled it under a tame and predictable Pellegrini leadership.

De Bruyne and Aguero are the best in their positions in the country. Silva, as the Euros demonstrated, is still world class when fit. Fernandinho is, quietly, our best player. Kompany and Otamendi need fitness and form but can easily be among the best CBs in the world when they get them.

There's your players to build a squad around. Now add in two quality wingers, a top level central midfielder, a few more defenders and perhaps a GK and, under the guidance of the best coach in the game, you have a winning machine.

If we seriously are considering Sagna and Zabaleta to play the upcoming season it would be a big mistake. Zabaleta doesn't have the legs anymore and Sagna is getting old. Fuck sake our priorities should've been full backs first then defenders. Get this guy ffs! We are willing to spend 50 million on Stones while we still have Otamendi, Mangala and even Denayer, but 17 million pounds for this guy is to much? It's ridiculous.

If we seriously are considering Sagna and Zabaleta to play the upcoming season it would be a big mistake. Zabaleta doesn't have the legs anymore and Sagna is getting old. Fuck sake our priorities should've been full backs first then defenders. Get this guy ffs! We are willing to spend 50 million on Stones while we still have Otamendi, Mangala and even Denayer, but 17 million pounds for this guy is to much? It's ridiculous.

So I gather if this was Pep's desicion you don't trust Pep? Great start ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.