Bruno Peres

I don't get the negativity toward Sagna, he had an amazing Euros and is worth another season at City at least.

Nonsense. We have already a squad of players head and shoulders above the PL and only bottled it under a tame and predictable Pellegrini leadership.

De Bruyne and Aguero are the best in their positions in the country. Silva, as the Euros demonstrated, is still world class when fit. Fernandinho is, quietly, our best player. Kompany and Otamendi need fitness and form but can easily be among the best CBs in the world when they get them.

There's your players to build a squad around. Now add in two quality wingers, a top level central midfielder, a few more defenders and perhaps a GK and, under the guidance of the best coach in the game, you have a winning machine.

Nonsense, reinforced with nonsense...

Kompany is without doubt the best centre back in the prem, when fit, he's never fit, thus you don't build sides around shaky foundations.

David silva has a great deal to prove this year, his performances at the euros were far from world class and an exstention of a very below par season... Jury is still out..

Otamendi is not amongst the top defenders in world football, give over...

What is interesting, and been somewhat mute, is that a few of these players have form for downing tools.. That is not the mentality we want within the squad, it will take pep at least 12 months to eradicate it..

We also 'had' a squad that was 'head and shoulders' above the others, it's 12 months older and others are improving, thankfully we are reinforcing, however, don't rely on the usual suspects like years gone by, it's going to be a completely different culture and one where we will learn a great deal about character!!!

I don't get the negativity toward Sagna, he had an amazing Euros and is worth another season at City at least.
He offers nothing going forward though, everybody knows he's brilliant defensively.

If we seriously are considering Sagna and Zabaleta to play the upcoming season it would be a big mistake. Zabaleta doesn't have the legs anymore and Sagna is getting old. Fuck sake our priorities should've been full backs first then defenders. Get this guy ffs! We are willing to spend 50 million on Stones while we still have Otamendi, Mangala and even Denayer, but 17 million pounds for this guy is to much? It's ridiculous.

I think we should all remain patient, and hold an inquest afterwards if necessary. We'd all like to get things addressed swiftly, but in certain cases we have to get players out before some come in.

He offers nothing going forward though, everybody knows he's brilliant defensively.

Save for that attacking cross at Watford, I'm afraid he offered precious little in the final third over two seasons. The fullback situation has been looming for over two years now, and I imagine it can only be remedied either with fresh replacements or a change of system that revitalizes tiring players.

When Sterling plays too deep and can't get past his man, it's Pellegrini who ordered him to play that way. So maybe it's Pellegrini (and Dechamps) who order Sagna to stay back.

What a load of bollocks. You are one of those who believe everything that you read. As for Txiki playing silly beggars, you know sfa about how he operates. Why not just stay away from the thread if it bothers you that much

Right okay then...

Txixi's transfer business last season...

We sign Kevin De Bruyne on 30th August and Otamendi on 20th August, don't you think that's too late to sign players when they haven't had a pre season with us to settle into the club and adapt to the surroundings?

Compare it with Garry Cook...

David Silva signed on 14th july
Yaya Toure signed 2nd july
Carlos Tevez signed 14th july...

I think this is the reason why me and other people on this forum are very sceptical about Txixi. Garry Cook seemed to have a more aggressive transfer approach and seemed to want to press on with transfers and get them done and dusted regardless of what we paid, Txixi the way he deals seems like he would be well suited at Arsenal. Yeah he's more of a negotiator, but I think he seems to think we are Barca and players will jump through hoops for us regardless of what we pay. City are a club that need to pay up and shut up if we want to secure big targets.

I know we are half way through July, but we have another 5 or 6 players to sign to completely revamp the squad. Gundogan fantastic signing but as stated he's injured for our first lot of games, Nolito isn't someone I would have personally signed but will reserve judgement on him. We need to proper crack on with it and I'm hoping these next few weeks sees the club signing 2 new full backs, 1 centre back or maybe 2, another Central midfielder and a striker. Leroy Sane isn't counted as a striker signing for me either.

What a load of bollocks. You are one of those who believe everything that you read. As for Txiki playing silly beggars, you know sfa about how he operates. Why not just stay away from the thread if it bothers you that much

Right okay then...

Txixi's transfer business last season...

We sign Kevin De Bruyne on 30th August and Otamendi on 20th August, don't you think that's too late to sign players when they haven't had a pre season with us to settle into the club and adapt to the surroundings?

Compare it with Garry Cook...

David Silva signed on 14th july
Yaya Toure signed 2nd july
Carlos Tevez signed 14th july...

I think this is the reason why me and other people on this forum are very sceptical about Txixi. Garry Cook seemed to have a more aggressive transfer approach and seemed to want to press on with transfers and get them done and dusted regardless of what we paid, Txixi the way he deals seems like he would be well suited at Arsenal. Yeah he's more of a negotiator, but I think he seems to think we are Barca and players will jump through hoops for us regardless of what we pay. City are a club that need to pay up and shut up if we want to secure big targets.

I know we are half way through July, but we have another 5 or 6 players to sign to completely revamp the squad. Gundogan fantastic signing but as stated he's injured for our first lot of games, Nolito isn't someone I would have personally signed but will reserve judgement on him. We need to proper crack on with it and I'm hoping these next few weeks sees the club signing 2 new full backs, 1 centre back or maybe 2, another Central midfielder and a striker. Leroy Sane isn't counted as a striker signing for me either.

So I gather if this was Pep's desicion you don't trust Pep? Great start ...
You need to work on your compressive reading skills, that's not what I'm saying. It's very important to think about the long term as a club. Our full backs are getting old. Also transfer decisions are never taking alone. So it might be only you who doesn't trust Pep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.