Buffon

Countdown to transfer carnage
If you are in Hughes's position you are under presure to deliver, therefore you go out and get the best you can - that is Buffon. Most keepers peak in their late 20's early 30's there is plenty of time for Joe to get there and he will be learning from one of the best around if this happens.

andypandy said:
Countdown to transfer carnage
If you are in Hughes's position you are under presure to deliver, therefore you go out and get the best you can - that is Buffon. Most keepers peak in their late 20's early 30's there is plenty of time for Joe to get there and he will be learning from one of the best around if this happens.

I think a new goal keeper is the least needed out of all positions tbh... what's he gonna do when Clown Haim plays ...

staffs_blue said:
Joe Hart is a GOOD keeper.
Gianluigi Buffon is a GREAT keeper

Who better for Joe to learn off than Buffon.

This would deffo be a big signing and a great signal of intent.Hope it happens

yeah that.

it sure would send a hell of a message to other big time players. that City is the place to be. it would increase the odds of Kaka types heading toward MCFC too.

i'm biased, Buffon has been my fav keeper for quite a while. since he played for Parma (starting around '95).

as far as Hart goes, i like him, i'm satisfied with him, i'd drop him in a heartbeat if Buffon signs. Hart isn't an academy player, and thus doesn't do much for City in terms of registering for Europe.

Just been thinking about the buffon story... and i think it would be very smart move by the club. If we were to unveil Buffon nice and early like Real Madrid have done with Huntlaar it wouldn't just attract players in the long term but it would also... hopefully get them to make the transition in Jan.

2parablue said:
Just been thinking about the buffon story... and i think it would be very smart move by the club. If we were to unveil Buffon nice and early like Real Madrid have done with Huntlaar it wouldn't just attract players in the long term but it would also... hopefully get them to make the transition in Jan.

I don't think we'll be announcing anything early

However I do think the press will be camped out at Eastlands for the early part of January

I actually think we will y'know. Bowen has said they're looking to conclude shit early doors.

nickson71 said:
2parablue said:

However I do think the press will be camped out at Eastlands for the early part of January

if a deal for a player the stature of Buffon is truly done and dusted, it would be poor strategy not to announce it.

zeusbheld said:
nickson71 said:
2parablue said:

if a deal for a player the stature of Buffon is truly done and dusted, it would be poor strategy not to announce it.
Why?

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
zeusbheld said:
nickson71 said:
2parablue said:

Why?

Because it raises City's profile and will encourage other "megastars" who might be wavering.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.