Bukayo Saka

You need him to sign that deal quickly. His stock right now is probably at its highest like Bellingham. French media during the England game were saying how they didnt know Saka was that good and compared him to Mbappe level, Italian media as well have been raving about him. World cup is a problem for you, because now that he has performed on the biggest stage, the Real Madrids, Bayerns and PSG will be interested.
Saka is English and a Hale End lad. Seldom do English players venture abroad.

Struggling to understand why there’s a Saka thread in the Transfer Forum?

Me too, because to the best of my knowledge there is no official interest in signing him.

No doubt one of the usual resident smartarses will contradict that

We were linked originally via a source who is known to have connections to Saka I believe but it was quickly determined it was only to aid him in contract talks.

Probably more relevant to have a thread about him based on that tenuous link than half the other threads that are about to be fair.

Its just categorically not true as Saka is better than Grealish. Did you not just watch the World Cup. I dont even think City fans would admit Grealish would have had a bigger impact than Saka if Grealish was picked ahead of him.

As for Saka needing to do more to impress Pep. Does he really? Because Grealish efforts at Villa convinced you to part with 100m. More to the point. Saka isnt playing for Pep's approval.

hate to break it to you, but not every players north star is t play for Pep and Man City

I've watched a bunch of Moroccans prove they're better than the Germans and Spanish and Brazilian players too based on that poor logic, even Saiss the former Wolves defender has actually looked a world beater in this competition does that mean he's better than Laporte?
I think you better concentrate on hoping Arsenal renew his deal and quit trying to make him out to be a superstar footballer already.

Our main priority on the right for the future is Cole Palmer who maybe you're completely ignorant to but he's a top prospect, he's backup to Mahrez but has had some injuries and Alvarez/Foden can also play on the right too if needed, so Cole Palmer is first in line rather than us making a big money move for Saka as things currently stand.
Away from England many blues like myself have little interest in Saka in the transfer market, beyond feelings of maybe in a few years because he has more to prove even if he has so far impressed during his career, because right now we're are far more invested in how Cole Palmer might turn out and if he stays a right sided.

I pointed out someone like Ousmane Dembele having a far higher talent ceiling than Saka and that isn't wrong, there's others that do and in the next half decade plenty more will pop out of nowhere too he might massively improve and win me over.
Listen I'm not belittling him he is just more Arsenal than City right now and you should be very happy about that, if this wasn't the case they'd be a multitude of bigger clubs like Real Madrid who might seriously wanna take him.
Saka has a lot going for him but as it stands on current ability and with Cole Palmer coming through I wouldn't be all that hyped about us signing him, you're also very wrong in suggesting he wouldn't have to impress Pep to sign for us, and quite frankly you're the one pushing it on us so don't get on a high horse and rant about us not being the north star.

Saka would indeed have to impress Pep and Txiki as our transfers are well thought out unlike yours up until the last couple years.
Instead though you've strangely taken it to heart that he isn't the finished article, when that is clearly the truth like I've said he and Martinelli have some promise with some inconsistencies that need ironing out, for me as things stands Odegaard should be the only one of your players we're considering as possible in the next 18 months.

Apparently the deal is 200-220k a week. Which mirroe the recent deal Foden signed.

Interesting thing about Arsenal in recent years, ever since the Kroenkes took full ownership of the club, money has been spent and there hasnt been any major sales. Not since Sanchez to Man United. The son, Josh is taking a greater role and is heir to about 20% of Walmarts common stock.

There is still a perception that an offer of 80 or so million would convince Arsenal to part with Saka or Martinelli. But given we spent 72m Pepe, and did PEA for 350k a week. There is no way such a platly offer would work in this new Arsenal with Arteta, Edu and Josh Kroenke with full ownership.

Saka, Saliba, Odegaard, Martinelli will be the nuclear for years to come, in addition we will add to the squad. We wont be easy to shake off, and Liverpool fans shouldnt assume they will take our place as your title challengers withouth real effort.

As far as the title goes this year. Given a 5 point lead and the fact we have played harder fixtures. I think we have a 50% chance, contract to the bookies who currently price us at 30%
I have you favourites to win it, time will tell!

I've watched a bunch of Moroccans prove they're better than the Germans and Spanish and Brazilian players too based on that poor logic, even Saiss the former Wolves defender has actually looked a world beater in this competition does that mean he's better than Laporte?
I think you better concentrate on hoping Arsenal renew his deal and quit trying to make him out to be a superstar footballer already.

Our main priority on the right for the future is Cole Palmer who maybe you're completely ignorant to but he's a top prospect, he's backup to Mahrez but has had some injuries and Alvarez/Foden can also play on the right too if needed, so Cole Palmer is first in line rather than us making a big money move for Saka as things currently stand.
Away from England many blues like myself have little interest in Saka in the transfer market, beyond feelings of maybe in a few years because he has more to prove even if he has so far impressed during his career, because right now we're are far more invested in how Cole Palmer might turn out and if he stays a right sided.

I pointed out someone like Ousmane Dembele having a far higher talent ceiling than Saka and that isn't wrong, there's others that do and in the next half decade plenty more will pop out of nowhere too he might massively improve and win me over.
Listen I'm not belittling him he is just more Arsenal than City right now and you should be very happy about that, if this wasn't the case they'd be a multitude of bigger clubs like Real Madrid who might seriously wanna take him.
Saka has a lot going for him but as it stands on current ability and with Cole Palmer coming through I wouldn't be all that hyped about us signing him, you're also very wrong in suggesting he wouldn't have to impress Pep to sign for us, and quite frankly you're the one pushing it on us so don't get on a high horse and rant about us not being the north star.

Saka would indeed have to impress Pep and Txiki as our transfers are well thought out unlike yours up until the last couple years.
Instead though you've strangely taken it to heart that he isn't the finished article, when that is clearly the truth like I've said he and Martinelli have some promise with some inconsistencies that need ironing out, for me as things stands Odegaard should be the only one of your players we're considering as possible in the next 18 months.

Add to that the fact that Grealish only had 80 minutes in total at the world cup and Saka had 293 minutes, comparing the performance of the 2 is nigh on impossible considering the waistcoats total lack of attacking astuteness.

Because he’s available on a free very soon and we should be looking to invest in top English players

Apparently the deal is 200-220k a week. Which mirroe the recent deal Foden signed.

Interesting thing about Arsenal in recent years, ever since the Kroenkes took full ownership of the club, money has been spent and there hasnt been any major sales. Not since Sanchez to Man United. The son, Josh is taking a greater role and is heir to about 20% of Walmarts common stock.

There is still a perception that an offer of 80 or so million would convince Arsenal to part with Saka or Martinelli. But given we spent 72m Pepe, and did PEA for 350k a week. There is no way such a platly offer would work in this new Arsenal with Arteta, Edu and Josh Kroenke with full ownership.

Saka, Saliba, Odegaard, Martinelli will be the nuclear for years to come, in addition we will add to the squad. We wont be easy to shake off, and Liverpool fans shouldnt assume they will take our place as your title challengers withouth real effort.

As far as the title goes this year. Given a 5 point lead and the fact we have played harder fixtures. I think we have a 50% chance, contract to the bookies who currently price us at 30%

You're in a good spot to nail down CL football again and stay in it. You're not a million miles away from having a side that can compete in all competitions either. Saka is a wonderful talent and seems to be a lovely kid. I hope he can kick on and keep improving. As for your title chances, the Jesus injury is a huge blow at a time when you could do with him with games coming thick and fast. The World Cup has clearly been a distraction for City, hopefully we can get it together and settle into a more consistent style of play that works for both Haaland and our performances as a team. It's going to be really interesting how things go, I'm not as confident as I'd normally be largely because we're looking really unbalanced in our play and we're going for three in a row which doesn't happen very often. I'd agree with it being 50/50. It's between us and you and it'll probably come down to who wins the two games between us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.