Bukayo Saka

Different players. Sterling skillset was his off the ball movement and running in behind. Saka prefers the ball to his feet and to take his man on, Saka doesn't want to run in behind, he wants the early pass and to run at his marker with the ball at feet. Saka can also maintain control of the ball in tight pockets. They look similar in appearance but beyond that, two very different players.
I agree, very different players but do have some similar traits, when Sterling was younger he was braver and more willing to take a player on. Saka is raw and it’s advantageous at times, expectations change as a player matures and sometimes it can have a detrimental affect on a player in certain areas of their game

Yet Grealish is.

I suppose it doesn't matter in the end. He is nailed on to sign a new 5 year deal at Arsenal.

I really like Saka but I look at him and think Shaun Wright-Phillips for effort and desire except SWP had more real impact on games, he was ripped off for young PFA young player of the year overlooked by an average Scott Parker, he also would've won many more England if it wasn't for Beckham being around.
If Saka joined us before 25 he could get everything sucked out of him for a purely perfected possession game he has much more to learn, he needs to learn it's better right now for him to be where he is for guaranteed football to develop properly, that's something he wouldn't definitely be getting here there's way more competition than at Arsenal... he's welcome to carry on improving and prove me wrong but I'd also rather see what Cole Palmer does, right now the development of a local homegrown player is preferred for me, unless Cole Palmer flops which I don't envision or changes position full-time Saka doesn't interest me yet.

I do actually really like Saka and enjoy watching his enthusiasm the way he tries and runs at defences but as it stands he's not good enough, even if we were offloading Mahrez which seems unlikely I'd much rather we gambled on someone as injury prone as Ousmane Dembele... I'd trust we'd iron out those niggly injuries he's more talented than Saka could ever wish to be, that's no slate on Saka just the truth but the main thing I like most about Saka is his attitude, it's brilliant better than most and that can help his career go a long way but lots of improvement is needed.

Martinelli at Arsenal looks more naturally talented as a winger too if he can carry on but no Vinicius, although I like both your wide men wouldn't be surprised if Saka leaves him in the dust in terms of progression, they both still need lots of improvement added to certain aspects of their game I'm sure you know that yourself, also playing week in week out for a team with the current expectations of Arsenal is easier than the pressure of doing it here.

Odegaard should be the only Arsenal player at present on our radar in the next couple years and I could see him wanting it to play with Haaland, the others have to do something special and improve a lot or maybe let their contracts run to be considered more short term, in the long-term it's down to Saka to prove me wrong and/or win Pep/Txiki over, honestly for England's sake I really hope he does.

I really like him but he’s staying at Arsenal. They’ll offer him a new deal and give some spiel about building the future of the club around him.

With Arteta doing well and them looking like the real deal in a title race this season I can see him buying into it.

I really like Saka but I look at him and think Shaun Wright-Phillips for effort and desire except SWP had more real impact on games, he was ripped off for young PFA young player of the year overlooked by an average Scott Parker, he also would've won many more England if it wasn't for Beckham being around.
If Saka joined us before 25 he could get everything sucked out of him for a purely perfected possession game he has much more to learn, he needs to learn it's better right now for him to be where he is for guaranteed football to develop properly, that's something he wouldn't definitely be getting here there's way more competition than at Arsenal... he's welcome to carry on improving and prove me wrong but I'd also rather see what Cole Palmer does, right now the development of a local homegrown player is preferred for me, unless Cole Palmer flops which I don't envision or changes position full-time Saka doesn't interest me yet.

I do actually really like Saka and enjoy watching his enthusiasm the way he tries and runs at defences but as it stands he's not good enough, even if we were offloading Mahrez which seems unlikely I'd much rather we gambled on someone as injury prone as Ousmane Dembele... I'd trust we'd iron out those niggly injuries he's more talented than Saka could ever wish to be, that's no slate on Saka just the truth but the main thing I like most about Saka is his attitude, it's brilliant better than most and that can help his career go a long way but lots of improvement is needed.

Martinelli at Arsenal looks more naturally talented as a winger too if he can carry on but no Vinicius, although I like both your wide men wouldn't be surprised if Saka leaves him in the dust in terms of progression, they both still need lots of improvement added to certain aspects of their game I'm sure you know that yourself, also playing week in week out for a team with the current expectations of Arsenal is easier than the pressure of doing it here.

Odegaard should be the only Arsenal player at present on our radar in the next couple years and I could see him wanting it to play with Haaland, the others have to do something special and improve a lot or maybe let their contracts run to be considered more short term, in the long-term it's down to Saka to prove me wrong and/or win Pep/Txiki over, honestly for England's sake I really hope he does.

Its just categorically not true as Saka is better than Grealish. Did you not just watch the World Cup. I dont even think City fans would admit Grealish would have had a bigger impact than Saka if Grealish was picked ahead of him.

As for Saka needing to do more to impress Pep. Does he really? Because Grealish efforts at Villa convinced you to part with 100m. More to the point. Saka isnt playing for Pep's approval.

hate to break it to you, but not every players north star is t play for Pep and Man City

I really like him but he’s staying at Arsenal. They’ll offer him a new deal and give some spiel about building the future of the club around him.

With Arteta doing well and them looking like the real deal in a title race this season I can see him buying into it.
Apparently the deal is 200-220k a week. Which mirroe the recent deal Foden signed.

Interesting thing about Arsenal in recent years, ever since the Kroenkes took full ownership of the club, money has been spent and there hasnt been any major sales. Not since Sanchez to Man United. The son, Josh is taking a greater role and is heir to about 20% of Walmarts common stock.

There is still a perception that an offer of 80 or so million would convince Arsenal to part with Saka or Martinelli. But given we spent 72m Pepe, and did PEA for 350k a week. There is no way such a platly offer would work in this new Arsenal with Arteta, Edu and Josh Kroenke with full ownership.

Saka, Saliba, Odegaard, Martinelli will be the nuclear for years to come, in addition we will add to the squad. We wont be easy to shake off, and Liverpool fans shouldnt assume they will take our place as your title challengers withouth real effort.

As far as the title goes this year. Given a 5 point lead and the fact we have played harder fixtures. I think we have a 50% chance, contract to the bookies who currently price us at 30%

Apparently the deal is 200-220k a week. Which mirroe the recent deal Foden signed.

Interesting thing about Arsenal in recent years, ever since the Kroenkes took full ownership of the club, money has been spent and there hasnt been any major sales. Not since Sanchez to Man United. The son, Josh is taking a greater role and is heir to about 20% of Walmarts common stock.

There is still a perception that an offer of 80 or so million would convince Arsenal to part with Saka or Martinelli. But given we spent 72m Pepe, and did PEA for 350k a week. There is no way such a platly offer would work in this new Arsenal with Arteta, Edu and Josh Kroenke with full ownership.

Saka, Saliba, Odegaard, Martinelli will be the nuclear for years to come, in addition we will add to the squad. We wont be easy to shake off, and Liverpool fans shouldnt assume they will take our place as your title challengers withouth real effort.

As far as the title goes this year. Given a 5 point lead and the fact we have played harder fixtures. I think we have a 50% chance, contract to the bookies who currently price us at 30%
This has been the biggest surprise for me (and no doubt for a lot of you Gooners). All the signs were there that Kroenke would keep running the club as he had been doing and the lack of investment in the squad would continue. That huge shift in policy - along with you now being genuine title challengers - has ensured that it will be far easier for you to hang on to your best players. As such, I can't really see any way that we can prise Saka away.

You need him to sign that deal quickly. His stock right now is probably at its highest like Bellingham. French media during the England game were saying how they didnt know Saka was that good and compared him to Mbappe level, Italian media as well have been raving about him. World cup is a problem for you, because now that he has performed on the biggest stage, the Real Madrids, Bayerns and PSG will be interested they can offer big money in wages because they dont care.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.