Bumping into City Players

I was fitting a window in a cafe in Wilmslow, I was outside getting some tools from the van and Tevez walked past me with his girlfriend (he had his arm round her neck :S) I was in to much shock to say anything because i wasnt expecting to turn around and just see him lol, earlier in the day Andy Cole walked past to.

I met Sun Jihai at the Metrocentre in Gateshead. The lady with him was stunning.

Walked past David James ogling globes in a closed shop window one night in town.

I also nearly fell over Darren Huckerby in Norwich town centre. I'd been at a wedding and was fairly refreshed.

My Dad did a DVD for Mike Summerbee a couple of years ago and Mike got him into a box and give him a signed shrt. While he was in the box Freddie Flintoff was in there and he got the shirt signed by him too.

Met Joey Barton a couple of times. Met quite alot of ex footballers when i do the annual football tournement. Last year it was Ian Rush presenting the trophy and another good'en was Alan Mcinally.

Also met Garry cook last season and started chatting to him about players. He give me no secrets on who we were signing though.

In no particular order:-

Joe Corrigan at Titherington Sport Center (playing snooker)
Tony Book looking at a car (where I worked)
Paul Power at my Bro's Wedding (I was best man and used him as part of my speach)
Niall Quinn at Yesterday's Nightclub
Ian Brightwell at bar in Wilmslow (bought me and mate a drink)
Brian Gayle at my work (his wife worked at Sainsburys you wouldn't get that these days)
Shaun Wright Phillips (more than once)
Andy Morrison at last day at Maine Road
Nicky Weaver on Holiday
Dickson Etuhu (sold him a car)
Michael Brown (Ditto)
Jeff Whitley (with MB)
Kasper Schmeicel in Manchester
Samaras and Sun in Sainsburys Cheadle
Shay Given, Pab Zabaleta, Adebayor, Wayne Bridge, Pat Viera (all sound except Bridge) at Panacea
Ian Scott and Nige Gleghorn (I was doing level one coaching badge)

Phew didn't realise it was so many also met Brian Horton (lives in Cheadle Hulme) and Kevin Keagan at some supporters thingy

Me and my mates were in ibiza 2006!

We'd been the club space all day! its fair to say we were off our rocker as we got back into san antonio where one of my mates were dj'ing at plastik! were all in there having a boogie then walks in swp and bradley and their crew! straight away me and my mate were over to him like a shot! (really not arsed about embarrassing ourselfs we were that smashed) I was the summer before he signed of chelski so were were giving him some hear ache!

'why did you leave us' - we were shit!!
'we idolised you' - coz we had reyna and macmanamaman

and fair play to him he really tried to explain his move to us munters!! haha,

So then we started working on his brother, 'get shaun back to city bla bla bla'....He obviously was agreed with us.

Then the next day we got the papers by the pool and in the little transfer snippets
'bradley wright-phillips moves to saints'

Obviously we wasnt as arsed about his move!!

Fun times!!

The first ex-City player I met was Ron Phoenix who had an ironmongers shop near my childhood home. The second was Denis Law. I got his autograph when he arrived with his Stretford team mates at Davyhulme Golf club sometime in the mid 1960s.

Since then I've bumped into Paul Power in Knutsford and that's it.

I met Big Mal at Leeds Railway station after City had played Leeds in the mid to late 1980s. I was the only City fan there as I'd push-biked it from Elland Rd after being in the Kop end with the Leeds fans and beaten everyone else back to the station. Big Mal had left early after seeing a dismal city performance.

Saw tevez in Manchester the other week walking home. He was with his girlfriend. He had just been shopping at selfridges and was later photographed struggling to use the parking ticket machine!

Peter Reid 2 years ago in a swanky hotel in Hale on my works xmas party.

I think I was doing his head in though as I was slightly drunk and star struck and wouldn't leave him alone to get on with his own party, but he put up with me pretty well and instead of asking me to fuck off politely he just humored me and made convo.

Top bloke.

Also my dad met Paul Gascoigne some years ago when I was about 13 and he was on his work party at the time and he came home pretty pissed out his head saying that Paul Gascoigne bought his table a bottle of pricey Champagne and said he was talking to him about football and was a really nice guy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.