Bundesliga review part 2. the new one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant game so far between Dortmund and Leverkusen. Leverkusen looking very organised.

Rotweiss said:
Brilliant game so far between Dortmund and Leverkusen. Leverkusen looking very organised.
Thought the opposite it was a poor game with little quality and very bad defending. Leverkusen got another great result, which is a credit to Sammi. They are somehow managing to keep pace with this Bayern team, which are just so incredibly strong with world class players everywhere.

Dortmund are paying for the mistakes Klopp made in the summer. After losing Gotze he should have splashed out big for a creative player as a direct replacement. Instead he tried to become more direct and forgot about the passers and creativity. Leverkusen played them the right way and Dortmund had no answer. This season they have been completely carried by Reus.

What annoys me most about Dortmund is that they have been become arrogant and naive about their success. Klopp was able to unearth start players for bargains and now they think this is the norm. The fans don't appreciate and Germany as a whole for that matter just how talented last season's squad was. They cannot replace players of the quality of Reus, Hummels, Gundogan, Goetze and Lewandowski. The board are not going to spend much this summer and Gundogan and Lewandowski will go. What makes the situation more embarrassing is that they let these players go for less than half of their value.

Schalke is a joke, but the only bright side for them is that Keller will soon be fired. At least it looks like they will be selling Draxler for a huge fee in the summer. If you are going to lose your players make the other team pay. Personally I think Schalke have more potential than Dortmund to become the second team in Germany.

Schalke can become a very strong team if they had a competent coach. Keller will get the sack soon I hope. They have apparently agreed to buy Sam from Leverkusen which is a great piece of business.

Dortmund weren't very good today, but there is only so much a team can do with that many injured players. Sahin and Bender also didn't finish the game, with Bender's injury looking serious. He was taken straight to the hospital. They just can't catch a break. It is vital for them to get a win against Marseille and qualify to get some confidence.

Rotweiss said:
Schalke can become a very strong team if they had a competent coach. Keller will get the sack soon I hope. They have apparently agreed to buy Sam from Leverkusen which is a great piece of business.

Dortmund weren't very good today, but there is only so much a team can do with that many injured players. Sahin and Bender also didn't finish the game, with Bender's injury looking serious. He was taken straight to the hospital. They just can't catch a break. It is vital for them to get a win against Marseille and qualify to get some confidence.
They have been unlucky with injuries, but though Klopp won't admit it, part of the reason is they play a physical game with a small squad. There is little rotation and the players cannot compete on all fronts. Last season should have told them this. Bayern learnt the hard way that you need depth and this will be Klopp's year, but Dortmund don't have the money to correct the mistake. Sahin, Bender and Reus should not even have played today especially with the huge game against Marseille. I hope they win, but they really need.

Yeh heard about the Sam deal, but is it really as low as 2.5 million? What are Leverkusen doing allowing a player to get away with such a minimum release clause? Sometimes it's better to just pass up a good player than allow them to take advantage of the club with such a clause.

Rotweiss said:

Schalke's problem might not be the coach but the structure of the team. They miss the experienced backbone. And maybe they miss the clear system, too.

Maldeika said:
Rotweiss said:

Schalke's problem might not be the coach but the structure of the team. They miss the experienced backbone. And maybe they miss the clear system, too.
I said it before they need to buy an experienced defender who knows how to win and is a leader. He doesn't even have to be that good anymore just a player the youngsters will look up to and learn from. Evra or Puyol could do the job.

The system and the tactics would be provided by the coach. I mean how stupid must a coach be to go to Stamford Bridge and let Chelsea hit them on the counter?

supercrystal7 said:
Rotweiss said:

Yeh heard about the Sam deal, but is it really as low as 2.5 million? What are Leverkusen doing allowing a player to get away with such a minimum release clause? Sometimes it's better to just pass up a good player than allow them to take advantage of the club with such a clause.

Yeah I can't believe his release clause is so low. This is probably one of the few good things Schalke have managed to do in recent times!

It's a very good signing for them, I just wonder if that means Draxler is surely leaving next summer.

Rotweiss said:
supercrystal7 said:
Rotweiss said:

Yeah I can't believe his release clause is so low. This is probably one of the few good things Schalke have managed to do in recent times!

It's a very good signing for them, I just wonder if that means Draxler is surely leaving next summer.
It really has to. I don't see anyway of fitting Farfan, Meyer (who will be older and more mature), Boateng, Huntelaar (if he ever comes back), Sam and Draxler in the team.

It would actually be good business for Schalke if they can sell him for around 32-35 million and reinvest the money in the squad. Though it leaves the question of where exactly is Draxler off to. Arsenal is a strong possibility and he is good enough to get into every team except Bayern, Barca and Madrid already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.