Bundesliga review part 2. the new one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leverkusen once again go and get a great result. I say it every week, but they are doing unbelievably well considering the quality of personnel. 6 points clear of Dortmund and now through to the last 16. Did not watch the game so can not comment more than that.

Bayern were sloppy today, but I think it's more worrying about the way Guardiola set up the team. He played a midfield 3 of Kroos, Thiago and Goetze. A lack of steel and defensive ability in midfield. Then he pushed Lahm and Alaba too far up leaving the defence exposed. The same thing happened against City in the friendly, Dortmund, Chelsea and again today. They were lucky they played a weak Dortmund in the league or else the same thing could have happened again. Lahm due to lack of playing team at right back looked poor today. Thiago was invisible for the entire game and should have come off. Gotze was not very good either.

I don't see Bayern beating Madrid and if they play City I would have them as favourites. Chelsea and Barcelona have a good chance as well.

supercrystal7 said:
Leverkusen once again go and get a great result. I say it every week, but they are doing unbelievably well considering the quality of personnel. 6 points clear of Dortmund and now through to the last 16. Did not watch the game so can not comment more than that.

Bayern were sloppy today, but I think it's more worrying about the way Guardiola set up the team. He played a midfield 3 of Kroos, Thiago and Goetze. A lack of steel and defensive ability in midfield. Then he pushed Lahm and Alaba too far up leaving the defence exposed. The same thing happened against City in the friendly, Dortmund, Chelsea and again today. They were lucky they played a weak Dortmund in the league or else the same thing could have happened again. Lahm due to lack of playing team at right back looked poor today. Thiago was invisible for the entire game and should have come off. Gotze was not very good either.

I don't see Bayern beating Madrid and if they play City I would have them as favourites. Chelsea and Barcelona have a good chance as well.
Not been impressed with Thiago I was praying for us to sign him after u21 championships but he seems to be out of his depth at Bayern. Only 22 though so has plenty of time to develop.

greasedupdeafguy said:
supercrystal7 said:

Not been impressed with Thiago I was praying for us to sign him after u21 championships but he seems to be out of his depth at Bayern. Only 22 though so has plenty of time to develop.
He has been very poor for Bayern despite what fans might tell you, because he put a great pass for Robben to get the second goal. He is still young and has potential, but he is not as good as Kroos and was a waste of money

Massive credit to City. They didn't lose their spirit tonight and deservedly won. Whatever team you will be drawn against on Monday will have huge problems. Congrats on the win. ;)

supercrystal7 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
supercrystal7 said:

He has been very poor for Bayern despite what fans might tell you, because he put a great pass for Robben to get the second goal. He is still young and has potential, but he is not as good as Kroos and was a waste of money

What Bayern matches are you watching? First of all the last two games including todays match he was played as a DM which isnt his natural role also he has been playing well since coming back from injury. Schweinstiger's absence is hardly noticed since he came back.
You dont get quality like Thiago anymore for €25m i can promise you that!

BayernMan said:
supercrystal7 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

What Bayern matches are you watching? First of all the last two games including todays match he was played as a DM which isnt his natural role also he has been playing well since coming back from injury. Schweinstiger's absence is hardly noticed since he came back.
You don't buy a player just, because he is a bargain when you are already stocked up on options. You are lucky that you have had so many injuries or else there will be real problems in the dressing room.

I have seen virtually all of Bayern's games, because when I am not at Palace I usually watch the Bayern game. If I am at the Palace then more times than not the Bayern game is on BT sport and I record it and watch it some time during the week. Apart from the Bayer vs United game, I have also watched all their CL and domestic cup games.

Why exactly is he playing DM? Sometimes I think it's a case of the emperor and his new clothes.

Anyway he has gone missing often like against Augsburg, today or in Moscow. Werden Bremen were embarrassingly bad and he still did not do much there. The only good game he has is the Dortmund one. Please point to an exceptional performance he has had. Should have just kept Gustavo.

supercrystal7 said:
BayernMan said:
supercrystal7 said:

You don't buy a player just, because he is a bargain when you are already stocked up on options. You are lucky that you have had so many injuries or else there will be real problems in the dressing room.

I have seen virtually all of Bayern's games, because when I am not at Palace I usually watch the Bayern game. If I am at the Palace then more times than not the Bayern game is on BT sport and I record it and watch it some time during the week. Apart from the Bayer vs United game, I have also watched all their CL and domestic cup games.

Why exactly is he playing DM? Sometimes I think it's a case of the emperor and his new clothes.

Anyway he has gone missing often like against Augsburg, today or in Moscow. Werden Bremen were embarrassingly bad and he still did not do much there. The only good game he has is the Dortmund one. Please point to an exceptional performance he has had. Should have just kept Gustavo.

I said the Bremen and Man C game he was playing out of his element in my opinion so i wouldnt fault him for those games but for the Moscow and Augsburg game he was rather average but i would t say he played poor. Complacency has been a major factor in those close games where Thiago wasnt the only Bayern player to disappear in those matches. Pep wants a DM he can start build up play from the back so he turns to Thiago or Lahm who are technically capable. To be honest i dont like when people bring up Gustavo, he really doesnt suit the quick passing and build up play Pep is looking for. He is a destroy in the midfield and to play a single pivot you have to be more well rounded.

Cmon if Barca were selling Messi at this moment for €1m but you had Aguero and Suarez on your team you wouldnt take him?

BayernMan said:
supercrystal7 said:
BayernMan said:

I said the Bremen and Man C game he was playing out of his element in my opinion so i wouldnt fault him for those games but for the Moscow and Augsburg game he was rather average but i would t say he played poor. Pep wants a DM he can start build up play from the back so he turns to Thiago or Lahm who are technically capable. To be honest i dont like when people bring up Gustavo, he really doesnt suit the quick passing and build up play Pep is looking for. He is a destroy in the midfield and to play a single pivot you have to be more well rounded.

Cmon if Barca were selling Messi at this moment for €1m but you had Aguero and Suarez on your team you wouldnt take him?

So you could not give me one match where he has been exceptional? Gustavo manages just fine in the Brazil team and was good enough to get you to a CL final. Pep forgets that the most important part of being a defensive midfielder is to actually protect the back four.

Your comparison does not work, because Kroos is better than Thiago, German and from the Bayern academy. A more apt comparison would be if I had Wilshere would I then go and buy Thiago to sideline Jack. The answer is no. Buying all the supposed best players without caring about team spirit, moral or defence is exactly what led to the collapse of the Galatico's.

Thiago played very well against Dortmund, I guess that was perhaps his best game for us so far. He has been injured for a long time so that has had an effect as well.

I still have no clue why Pep insists on playing in DM. I don't think it suits him, and like you said crystal the most important thing for a DM is to provide defensive cover, something he can't do. I hope this experiment finishes soon or at least we don't see it against the bigger teams. Against weaker teams it may be fine but City proved today that it doesn't work when you face a team that knows what they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.