Bundesliga review part 2. the new one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
BayernMan said:
Boateng has extended his stay at Bayern Munich till 2018!

Has he been criticised at all by the press in Germany for his mistake yesterday? After that and getting sent off at Eastlands, I can't help wondering whether he is still on the payroll here or something...

Yes he has and rightly so, however in fairness he has been playing well this season.

supercrystal7 said:
One defeat in god knows how many games is not the end of the world, we had to lose sooner or later, everybody does. Congratulations to City of course but we are no worse this morning than we were last week, sh#t happens you know that as well as we do.
Nobody wants to lose any game but if we had to I'd rather lose a game where we have already qualified than lose in the league or get knocked out of a cup.
Funnily enough Pep said in yesterday's Bild "If we play like we trained today (Monday) we will lose". If we have one failing that needs looking at it is losing concentration when the work seems to have been done, the arsenal home leg last season is a case in point.
I would certainly not be hitting the panic button if we draw Barcelona, Madrid or City again later in the competition. They are all good sides but we are capable of beating anyone, a lot would depend on both sides form on the day.

It's not the manner of the defeat that is the cause of concern. Last season when you lost to Bate, it was overlooked by most as a fluke result. When you lost to Arsenal there were concerns raised about your mental strength. There was never any question about the tactics, the set up of strength of the team. The team was brilliantly balanced and the best club side for the last 30 years.

Yesterday was different and not only was there complacency, but there was big problems with the formation and the balance of the team. Bayern have been giving far too many chances to all their opponents and apart from City at the Etihad have been luck to win all of them. Even CSK Moscow had great chances to equalises and go in front.

It's the case of the Emperor's New Clothes as I said. Everybody can see Guardiola's follies, but they pretend not too, because of his record ignoring he was the one that tactically destroyed the Barcelona team. He is doing the same to Dortmund and playing favourites with Thiago.

[/quote]

Well we'll just have to disagree. What, out of interest is your view on City ? There has been the odd poor result this season but presumably you don't think that makes you a bad side, why should Bayern be any different ?
Guardiola is still experimenting, if it takes a season to get things right then so be it, the club won't put him under pressure. Nobody expects him to do a Heynckes and win the lot. We are top of the league, in the quarter finals of the cup and have just won our CL group. Guardiola has lost just one (relatively meaningless) competitive game since he arrived and has the best start to a season of any Bayern trainer in history.
Forgive me for thinking your concern is rather over done. We are very happy with the way things are going atm.<br /><br />-- Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:21 pm --<br /><br />
mcmanus said:
One defeat in god knows how many games is not the end of the world, we had to lose sooner or later, everybody does. Congratulations to City of course but we are no worse this morning than we were last week, sh#t happens you know that as well as we do.
Nobody wants to lose any game but if we had to I'd rather lose a game where we have already qualified than lose in the league or get knocked out of a cup.
Funnily enough Pep said in yesterday's Bild "If we play like we trained today (Monday) we will lose". If we have one failing that needs looking at it is losing concentration when the work seems to have been done, the arsenal home leg last season is a case in point.
I would certainly not be hitting the panic button if we draw Barcelona, Madrid or City again later in the competition. They are all good sides but we are capable of beating anyone, a lot would depend on both sides form on the day.

Fair enough for posting after a defeat. Kudos for that.

Understand we are cockahoop because we don't get to play in matches like that often never mind winning one.

God I hope you draw united later on and fucking smash them home and away.[/quote]

A - Cheers mate, I like to think I'm big enough to accept defeat when it happens. Supporting Sheff United prepared me quite well in that department tbf !

B - You and me both, I can't f##king stand 'em.

supercrystal7 said:
It's not the manner of the defeat that is the cause of concern. Last season when you lost to Bate, it was overlooked by most as a fluke result. When you lost to Arsenal there were concerns raised about your mental strength. There was never any question about the tactics, the set up of strength of the team. The team was brilliantly balanced and the best club side for the last 30 years.

Yesterday was different and not only was there complacency, but there was big problems with the formation and the balance of the team. Bayern have been giving far too many chances to all their opponents and apart from City at the Etihad have been luck to win all of them. Even CSK Moscow had great chances to equalises and go in front.

It's the case of the Emperor's New Clothes as I said. Everybody can see Guardiola's follies, but they pretend not too, because of his record ignoring he was the one that tactically destroyed the Barcelona team. He is doing the same to Dortmund and playing favourites with Thiago.

Well we'll just have to disagree. What, out of interest is your view on City ? There has been the odd poor result this season but presumably you don't think that makes you a bad side, why should Bayern be any different ?
Guardiola is still experimenting, if it takes a season to get things right then so be it, the club won't put him under pressure. Nobody expects him to do a Heynckes and win the lot. We are top of the league, in the quarter finals of the cup and have just won our CL group. Guardiola has lost just one (relatively meaningless) competitive game since he arrived and has the best start to a season of any Bayern trainer in history.
Forgive me for thinking your concern is rather over done. We are very happy with the way things are going atm.

-- Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:21 pm --

mcmanus said:
Fair enough for posting after a defeat. Kudos for that.

Understand we are cockahoop because we don't get to play in matches like that often never mind winning one.

God I hope you draw united later on and fucking smash them home and away.

A - Cheers mate, I like to think I'm big enough to accept defeat when it happens. Supporting Sheff United prepared me quite well in that department tbf !

B - Of course, you had every reason to celebrate.

C - You and me both, I can't f##king stand 'em.[/quote]

hallstreetblue said:
Lothar Mathäus thinks the Bundesliga is the best in europe. Hmmmmm! What do you lot think?

I think the English, Spanish and German leagues are all fairly close tbh. Rummenigge said in today's Bild that the Prem still has the edge overall.

bayern blade said:
hallstreetblue said:
Lothar Mathäus thinks the Bundesliga is the best in europe. Hmmmmm! What do you lot think?

I think the English, Spanish and German leagues are all fairly close tbh. Rummenigge said in today's Bild that the Prem still has the edge overall.

The Prem is easily the best league IMO. Bayern are the best out of the 38 teams but only Dortmund are on par with our top 6. I think Everton, Southampton and arguably Swansea would finish above Leverkusen despite them doing well at the moment.

ManCitizens. said:
The Prem is easily the best league IMO. Bayern are the best out of the 38 teams but only Dortmund are on par with our top 6. I think Everton, Southampton and arguably Swansea would finish above Leverkusen despite them doing well at the moment.

I don't think any of the leagues mentioned is "easily" the best, the prem has as much crap in it as the BL or the Spanish league. Take away the top four or five and the rest are cannon fodder.

Ruhr said:
Lothar Matthäus? The man who never got a job in germany?

Yeah, fookin shite Coach! Crackin Player mind.<br /><br />-- Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:36 pm --<br /><br />
bayern blade said:
ManCitizens. said:

I don't think any of the leagues mentioned is "easily" the best, the prem has as much crap in it as the BL or the Spanish league. Take away the top four or five and the rest are cannon fodder.

Have to disagree there mate. Take another look at the Premier League table and some of the results from this season.

What's wrong with Werder?

Could any Bundesliga aficionados speculate as to why Werder Bremen are doing so poorly? I've always had a soft spot for them after visiting Bremen in the early '90s. An acquaintance took me to a couple of matches, my wife and I found the people very hospitable and a beautiful city to boot. Admittedly I've not followed them as close as I would've liked in the past couple of years but this season and the tail end of the previous their poor run of form has caught my attention.

My fondness for Werder is also helped in that Wynton Rufer, one of New Zealand's most eminent footballers of the time played for Werder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.