Bundesliga review part 2. the new one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rotweiss said:
It's more likely for Muller to play upfront rather than Gotze in my opinion. Though it's early to tell as Gotze is just coming off from injuries and I'm pretty sure Pep will try and play him as the false 9 as well. We'll see what happens, but Lewandowski rejected so many offers in the summer just so he could come to Bayern. I'm sure we've already given him our word and can't see him going anywhere else.

Again, you are right about teams trying to sit deep against Dortmund sometimes. I still don't think they will try for Mata. He won't come cheap and they already have Mkhitaryan to play as a 10. They will need a CM no doubt, I think De Bryune fits that role for them.
Well we need a CM and De Bruyne isn't playing there for us. Did he play in the "pivot" of a 4231 in Germany?

JollyGood said:
supercrystal7 said:
Lewandowski does not have a great touch when it comes to Pep's very high standards or great technique. His technique is very good, but it's not on the level of guys like Zlatan, Villa or even Etoo and Pep managed to fall out with all of them. Gotze playing the False 9 role seems a strong possibility or at least trying to convert Muller into a striker.

As for Mata he is exactly what Dortmund need since as they grow as a club, they must evolve. Most teams are going to just sit back against them and they need creativity to break them down. They also need a 'big name' to convince a few of their players that the club has the right ambition.
Villa didn't fall out with Pep, and Zlatan and Eto'o didn't leave because their technique wasn't good enough. Pep found a way to use Mandzukic and publicly stated that he loves him and his style of play, so I don't see the problem with Lewandowski. If he keeps up his workrate, he will find an important place in the team.

As for Mata, he is clearly not what Dortmund need. Teams are already parking the bus against them and Dortmund are still cutting them open without problems most of the time. They certainly won't buy a 'superstar' because of his name, especially not if he's mainly needed against small teams, but doesn't fit in the manager's idea of how to play against the top teams in Europe. If they want to keep their players, they need to pay higher wages. As long as Barca, Real, City, Chelsea, United, PSG and Bayern pay twice or three times as much, players will leave. They are competitive and showed ambition in the transfermarket, but they need at least another 4-5 years consistent success (top 3 in the league, regular CL quarterfinals) until they maybe have a big enough revenue to compete with the top 6 teams in Europe when it comes to wages.

Guardiola will use all striker possibilities. There is matches in which Mandzukic maybe is best (he just told that about headers in the box) - and there is others where Müller might be better. I do not really see Götze as the sole F9 but I can see that in a combination with him and Müller changing places - Müller I would not call a false 9 - just a very mobile striker.

But Guardiola will rotate the squad very much when the injury problems are over.

Castiel said:
Rotweiss said:
It's more likely for Muller to play upfront rather than Gotze in my opinion. Though it's early to tell as Gotze is just coming off from injuries and I'm pretty sure Pep will try and play him as the false 9 as well. We'll see what happens, but Lewandowski rejected so many offers in the summer just so he could come to Bayern. I'm sure we've already given him our word and can't see him going anywhere else.

Again, you are right about teams trying to sit deep against Dortmund sometimes. I still don't think they will try for Mata. He won't come cheap and they already have Mkhitaryan to play as a 10. They will need a CM no doubt, I think De Bryune fits that role for them.
Well we need a CM and De Bruyne isn't playing there for us. Did he play in the "pivot" of a 4231 in Germany?
He did on occassion but he cannot defend so teams just ran right through the Bremen midfield. It's not his position. His best position in my opinion i behind the traditional 10 role, but he could play wide in the 4-2-3-1 as one of the front 3.
Maldeika said:
JollyGood said:
supercrystal7 said:
Lewandowski does not have a great touch when it comes to Pep's very high standards or great technique. His technique is very good, but it's not on the level of guys like Zlatan, Villa or even Etoo and Pep managed to fall out with all of them. Gotze playing the False 9 role seems a strong possibility or at least trying to convert Muller into a striker.

As for Mata he is exactly what Dortmund need since as they grow as a club, they must evolve. Most teams are going to just sit back against them and they need creativity to break them down. They also need a 'big name' to convince a few of their players that the club has the right ambition.
Villa didn't fall out with Pep, and Zlatan and Eto'o didn't leave because their technique wasn't good enough. Pep found a way to use Mandzukic and publicly stated that he loves him and his style of play, so I don't see the problem with Lewandowski. If he keeps up his workrate, he will find an important place in the team.

As for Mata, he is clearly not what Dortmund need. Teams are already parking the bus against them and Dortmund are still cutting them open without problems most of the time. They certainly won't buy a 'superstar' because of his name, especially not if he's mainly needed against small teams, but doesn't fit in the manager's idea of how to play against the top teams in Europe. If they want to keep their players, they need to pay higher wages. As long as Barca, Real, City, Chelsea, United, PSG and Bayern pay twice or three times as much, players will leave. They are competitive and showed ambition in the transfermarket, but they need at least another 4-5 years consistent success (top 3 in the league, regular CL quarterfinals) until they maybe have a big enough revenue to compete with the top 6 teams in Europe when it comes to wages.

Guardiola will use all striker possibilities. There is matches in which Mandzukic maybe is best (he just told that about headers in the box) - and there is others where Müller might be better. I do not really see Götze as the sole F9 but I can see that in a combination with him and Müller changing places - Müller I would not call a false 9 - just a very mobile striker.

But Guardiola will rotate the squad very much when the injury problems are over.

I will see what happens towards the business end of the season. Anything less than the CL or the Bundesliga will be considered a bad season considering the ridiculous wealth of talent at Bayern's disposal.

At any given time Bayern can have players like these on the bench Rafinha, Badstubber, Robben, Muller, Shaqiri and Thiago.

supercrystal7 said:
Castiel said:
Rotweiss said:

He did on occassion but he cannot defend so teams just ran right through the Bremen midfield. It's not his position. His best position in my opinion i behind the traditional 10 role, but he could play wide in the 4-2-3-1 as one of the front 3.
Maldeika said:
JollyGood said:

I will see what happens towards the business end of the season. Anything less than the CL or the Bundesliga will be considered a bad season considering the ridiculous wealth of talent at Bayern's disposal.

At any given time Bayern can have players like these on the bench Rafinha, Badstubber, Robben, Muller, Shaqiri and Thiago.

Dortmund 1-0 down. Simple goal from a set piece. Something for us to exploit on Wednesday.

gooner2 said:
supercrystal7 said:
Castiel said:
Maldeika said:

Dortmund 1-0 down. Simple goal from a set piece. Something for us to exploit on Wednesday.

2-1 now to dortmund. Poor another set piece goal . This time for dortmund and then good counter attack goal. Still sense though from watching tonight if we stop them in the middle and attack them out wide they look suspect at the back. the set piece goal they lost showed that

greasedupdeafguy said:
Reus is having a blinder

Fantastic player. Love to have him at arsenal. They not been perfect tonight though. Looked a bit suspect at the back and from set pieces. Something for us to get at on wedesday.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Reus is having a blinder
Is a great player and getting better and better. Has still floated under the radar considering his talent. Dortmund's best player. Interesting seeing Leitner play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.