Bundesliga review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruhr said:
On Tuesday: The first cup semi
Greuther Fürth - Borussia Dortmund

Greuther Fürth 0-1 Borussia Dortmund

Gündogan (120. min)

wtf, that was Bayern-like. Last shot of the match, hit the goalpost and from there the back of the keeper

Ruhr said:
Ruhr said:
On Tuesday: The first cup semi
Greuther Fürth - Borussia Dortmund

Greuther Fürth 0-1 Borussia Dortmund

Gündogan (120. min)

wtf, that was Bayern-like. Last shot of the match, hit the goalpost and from there the back of the keeper

More than that as they came to the final without even having one opponent out of the 1st Bundesliga. And even against this opponents they needed overtimes and penalty kicks.

I am looking forward to the match tonight hoping Bayern gets a good start. That matches now are important to get self confidence for the matches in the CL.

Bor. M´gladbach 0-0 Bayern München 3-4 on penalties

for me now the worst of all thinkable finals Bor. Dortmund- FC Bayern

Dante - the brazilian defender from Gladbach - shot his penalty into the air. He is told to go to Bayern next year.

Just to see the paralells - in 1984 Matthäus went from Gladbach to Bayern - his last match for Gladbach was a cup final with Bayern. He did not want to shoot but Heynckes, who was coach of Gladbach then, wanted him to. He shot into the air, too.

A short guide into german club names, nicks, rivalries and badges

Part 1: Sport-Verein Werder von 1899

Better known as: SV Werder Bremen

Name: In 1899 some 16-year old boys won a ball in a tug-of-war-competition and started to play on a „Werder“. A „Werder“ is a northern german term for an island in a river or at least a peninsula at a river. That gave their club the name. The stadium is today still located at the river.

Nicks: SVW, Werder, Grünweiße (Greenwhites)

Anti-Nicks: Fischköppe (fishheads), Gerda (which is an ugly female name, the female version of Gerd)

Best anti chant: What is green and stinks like fish? Werder Bremen

Most hated rival: Hamburger SV (The North derby)
Strong dislike: Bayern München, Schalke 04, Hannover 96
Friends: RW Essen

Their badge is a simple white „W“ on green background
Werderwappen.jpg

I love reading this thread, thanks for the updates!

How difficult is it to get tickets for matches? I might be in Dortmund for a few weeks and would quite like to go to a match, any idea if it'd be possible? Thanks!

Mohammed Abu at Eintracht Frankfurt - is he there yet? I checked their lineup for the weekend game and didn't even see him on the bench.

they are in the middle of a hard battle for promotion with furth

can't see them taking any risks by playing him

Nervous Nedum said:
I love reading this thread, thanks for the updates!

How difficult is it to get tickets for matches? I might be in Dortmund for a few weeks and would quite like to go to a match, any idea if it'd be possible? Thanks!

with two titles in their hands (possibly) i think their last four matches will be sold out (two are already). If you want to see Dortmund - there are of course three other Bundesliga clubs and three Bundesliga 2 clubs within in hour distance to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.