Bundesliga review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Hamburg lost at Wolfsburg last night and are only a couple of points above the relegation zone having played a game more than every team below them.

It would be sad to see them go down as only 3 seasons ago they were challenging for the title when Jol was manager. They gave us a real football lesson in the away leg of that UEFA Cup quarter-final and could have beaten us by a greater margin.

Ruhr said:
A short guide into german club names, nicks, rivalries and badges

Part 1: Sport-Verein Werder von 1899

Better known as: SV Werder Bremen

Name: In 1899 some 16-year old boys won a ball in a tug-of-war-competition and started to play on a „Werder“. A „Werder“ is a northern german term for an island in a river or at least a peninsula at a river. That gave their club the name. The stadium is today still located at the river.

Nicks: SVW, Werder, Grünweiße (Greenwhites)

Anti-Nicks: Fischköppe (fishheads), Gerda (which is an ugly female name, the female version of Gerd)

Best anti chant: What is green and stinks like fish? Werder Bremen

Most hated rival: Hamburger SV (The North derby)
Strong dislike: Bayern München, Schalke 04, Hannover 96
Friends: RW Essen

Their badge is a simple white „W“ on green background
Werderwappen.jpg

Superb mate

More please :)

Munich players playing Rock, Paper, Scissors to decide who takes the free kick.
Any team that takes the piss out of Hertha like this is all right with me, even Bayern!!

Bring on the Berlin derby next season.

U.N.V.E.U

<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/YpyHvx9cnA4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/YpyHvx9cnA4</a>

okay, talking about Hamburger SV in decline

Ruhr said:
A short guide into german club names, nicks, rivalries and badges

Part 2: Hamburger Sport-Verein
Better known as: Hamburger SV

Name: HSV is a merger of three clubs in 1919. The oldest of the three dates back to 1887, which they take as the year of their foundation.

Nicks:
HSV
Rothosen (red pants)
Hanseaten (Hanseatics, from „the Hanse“, a trade league from the 12th to 17th century)
Dinos (from Bundesliga dinosaurs, the only club from the starting 16 of the Bundesliga in 1963, that managed to avoid relegation)
Die Raute (the rhombus or diamond)

Anti-Nicks:
Stellingen
(the out-of centre district of Hamburg, where their stadium is located. A term used by St-Pauli fans)

Best anti chant: Your parents go to St.Pauli

Nice home lyrics (translated):
When i´m far far away
At Juve or Rome
I think about Hamburg, my pearl
And sing home sweet home
Hamburg, my pearl, you beautiful city,
you are my home, you are my life

Most hated rival: Werder Bremen (The North derby), FC St. Pauli (The Hamburg derby)
Strong dislike: Bayern München
Friends: “The northern alliance“ with Hannover 96 and Arminia Bielefeld
Glasgow Rangers

Their badge is one of the most famous, because it nearly never changed over the years: "Die Raute", originally from flags and symbols used at trading ships

00000403.png

very interesting thread, the o.p. posted a clip of cross-field chants a while back that is inspirational imo of course.

bellbuzzer said:
very interesting thread, the o.p. posted a clip of cross-field chants a while back that is inspirational imo of course.

you mean this kind
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-chZyT35ig&feature=related[/youtube]

Watching the Cologne - Dortmund game. 1-1 so far, two headers. Bit of a meh game up to now, no one really controlling it.

BVB have kept their cool and are 3-1 up now away at Koln, a brilliant achievement if they win the Bundesliga again ahead of Bayern.

LoveCity said:
BVB have kept their cool and are 3-1 up now away at Koln, a brilliant achievement if they win the Bundesliga again ahead of Bayern.
Was about to say. I hope they do win it, not a huge Bayern fan.

Flicked over to Athletic - Sporting, Llorente and Muniain missed sitters with Muniain missing a penalty as well, cracking game. (sorry to go off topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.