Bundesliga review

Status
Not open for further replies.
nehe11 said:
In your opinion which are the biggest rivalries in Germany?

my top 15 derbies
1. Schalke 04 - Bor. Dortmund, 35 minutes driving time
2. Schalke 04 - RW Essen 25 minutes
3. Hamburger SV - FC St. Pauli 20 minutes
4. Bayern München - 1860 München 0 minutes
5. Hamburger SV - Werder Bremen 60 minutes
6. Borussia Mönchengladbach - 1. FC Köln 45 minutes
7. 1. FC Köln - Fortuna Düsseldorf 45 minutes
8. 1. FC Kaiserslautern - SV Waldhof Mannheim 55 minutes
9. 1. FC Kaiserslautern - Eintracht Frankfurt 60 minutes
10. Eintracht Frankfurt - Kickers Offenbach 25 minutes
11. VfB Stuttgart - Karlsruher SC 60 minutes
12. Hannover 96 - Eintracht Braunschweig 55 minutes
13. Lok Leipzig - Chemie Leipzig 25 minutes
14. Union Berlin - Dynamo Berlin 27 minutes
15. Union Berlin - Hertha BSC 40 minutes

some of them are only about football, some have political backgrounds, others are rivalries between german tribes, that go back to the 19th century. If i find time, i will perhaps write something about the origin of that derbies.

Bayern vs Nürnberg is more a rivalry than a derby with 90 minutes between both grounds. Same to FC St Pauli - Hansa Rostock (100 minutes). But those two are very emotional too

supercrystal7 said:
I disagree with both comments. Schweinsteiger is a huge name in world football. I would say he is actually slightly bigger than Ribery and has the added bonus of being German.

As Maldeika I usually agree with your comments, but not here. Ribery was fantastic in the champions league as well, whilst Muller was brilliant in the league too as seen by the number of goal ans assist he got. Then Lahm was just fantastic every game. Lahm really does not get the recognition he deserves.

The official vote was by 527 journalists, funnily enough though Bild just did a poll and over 100,000 fans of all clubs voted.
Ribery won with 37% of the vote.

1 - Franck Ribery
2 - Robert Lewandowski
3 - Bastian Schweinsteiger

I agree with your comments about Lahm, but he is a defender and these votes are almost always won by strikers or midfielders.

Amazing assist from the future World Player of the Year. Bayern should have gone for this guy, rather than Götze. I know it was only a testimonial, but quality shines through everywhere.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbOSUmMlfmg[/youtube]

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Amazing assist from the future World Player of the Year. Bayern should have gone for this guy, rather than Götze. I know it was only a testimonial, but quality shines through everywhere.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbOSUmMlfmg[/youtube]

Draxler?

Big reports from Germany said we bid something like 40m and marched the release clause this Summer for him but he turned it down because of development and age.

I can see us going in big time for him next Summer, as will most clubs in Europe no doubt.

I really hope so. If I was asked which player I would most like to sign in the world, my answer would be him. Incredible talent, the kid is a bit special. 19 years and already played well over 100 games for Schalke.

The fact that he wants to stay at Schalke this season tells us he is mentally very sound, too. He could easily make the step up into any team, but wants to focus on development. Very impressive.

Hope we'll have room in our squad for this extraordinary talent when he's ready to make the step up.

sam-caddick said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:

Draxler?

Big reports from Germany said we bid something like 40m and marched the release clause this Summer for him but he turned it down because of development and age.

I can see us going in big time for him next Summer, as will most clubs in Europe no doubt.

He said that he was staying at S04 next season. The smart money says he will join Real or Barcelona in 12 months, he has already said he'd like to play in Spain.

nice assist from Jule, but the hype goes over the top, since it was reported, that Real and City went for that release clause. (Think he will sign for Real with the help of his friend Raul). He will play his first season as playmaker for Schalke after being a left winger and for the german team 2014 he will have strong competition on both positions with Özil, Reus or maybe Goetze. So seeing him as the future world star is a bit too early for me.

Ruhr said:
nice assist from Jule, but the hype goes over the top, since it was reported, that Real and City went for that release clause. (Think he will sign for Real with the help of his friend Raul). He will play his first season as playmaker for Schalke after being a left winger and for the german team 2014 he will have strong competition on both positions with Özil, Reus or maybe Goetze. So seeing him as the future world star is a bit too early for me.

I don't think the hype is over the top at all. He is good enough to go and start at virtually every top team in the world already. However, I don't see him breaking into the German team. Gotze, Reus and Ozil are all better and have more experience. Ozil is currently the best out of the bunch, but Madrid have never cared about form when picking their team. Isco being Spanish is likely to be ahead of him in the pecking order, which could be interesting. Muller is unique and should alway start.

A question for the Bayern fans. Why did Lahm play midfield today? Before it was said that it was due to injuries, but what was the reason today?

supercrystal7 said:
Ruhr said:

I don't think the hype is over the top at all. He is good enough to go and start at virtually every top team in the world already. However, I don't see him breaking into the German team. Gotze, Reus and Ozil are all better and have more experience. Ozil is currently the best out of the bunch, but Madrid have never cared about form when picking their team. Isco being Spanish is likely to be ahead of him in the pecking order, which could be interesting. Muller is unique and should alway start.

A question for the Bayern fans. Why did Lahm play midfield today? Before it was said that it was due to injuries, but what was the reason today?

I think the reason was the Supercup final and playing a Schweinsteiger that is somewhere on the way to matchfitness and has not played more than 20 minutes before, not even in the position he is supposed to play in the future - and a new defense with Dante and Martinez (who did not play more than 20 minutes before either and never together). Lahm is a stability factor. And Kroos on the left 8 position might hold the ball very good but is not really defense minded and not the fastest in tracking back.

And tomorrow is another match. I cannot predict how the formation will be then. I do not know why Contento, Thiago and Gustavo were not even on the bench today - Thiago got at hit at the Supercup but I do not know if he is out tomorrow, too. But Lahm will not play there again tomorrow as Rafinha has played 90 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.