Bundesliga Thread - 2022/23 | Bayern win 11th consecutive title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bayern always breeze through the second half of the season.

They really seemed to struggle with the pressing game of Augsburg and didn't like the physicality. Couldn't score either even though they had plenty of chances. Sadio Mane hasn't really played well the last couple of games either which doesn't help.

But hey...guess that's what you get for signing players from a farmer's league. :-)

Just heard a German Journalist call Bayern "The Hollywood Club. They thrive on drama and it's getting annoying."

Actually - it is FC Hollywood since the 90s with Matthäus, Klinsmann, later Effenberg etc.

But - has anybody discussed that Xabi Alonso now is coach of Leverkusen?

Just heard a German Journalist call Bayern "The Hollywood Club. They thrive on drama and it's getting annoying."
I once worked at a place that was a mix of BVB and Schalke with a few RWE loons thrown in too. To a man (and woman) they hated them and often referred to them as FC Hollywood.

I once worked at a place that was a mix of BVB and Schalke with a few RWE loons thrown in too. To a man (and woman) they hated them and often referred to them as FC Hollywood.
Pretty normal in Germany - especially in the West. You have the German regions - the language, the beer, everything is different - and then the rivalry in football. I feel the same about the BVB especially as they are the love child of the media since Klopp was manager there.

Actually - it is FC Hollywood since the 90s with Matthäus, Klinsmann, later Effenberg etc.

But - has anybody discussed that Xabi Alonso now is coach of Leverkusen?
Interesting appointment. Unsurpring the previous guy got sacked. They have a talented squad but not the results to show for it.

Despite his Liverpool allegiances, I quite liked him as a player. I know he has been coaching in Spain but it will be interesting to see how he gets on at this sort of level.

Interesting appointment. Unsurpring the previous guy got sacked. They have a talented squad but not the results to show for it.

Despite his Liverpool allegiances, I quite liked him as a player. I know he has been coaching in Spain but it will be interesting to see how he gets on at this sort of level.
Leverkusen lacks the structure in the team, somehow the mentality and a balance. But they really have special talents especially Florian Wirtz - who had an ACL some months ago - he really is in the Musiala/Bellingham category. Because of the ACL they have surpassed him now in development - but let's see what happens soon when he comes back.

I watched him in his 3 years he played for Bayern - and had a lot very good moments even in "old" age because of his tactical intelligence. Pep actually told when Alonso quit his career in 2017 that he will get coach and that he will be a very good coach.

What I think is interesting is that Arteta and Alonso were friends since they were 7 or 8 year old kids. And have a similar trajectory playing midfield in top clubs and then getting coaches.

1-2 now. Moukoko with the goal. Dortmund have a scorer in him. Might as well start with him rather persist with Malen who can run but can’t finish. They can start him then sub him since he’s been struggling with injuries. Don’t want to overplay the lad as he’s 17 or so

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.