Bundesliga Thread - 2022/23 | Bayern win 11th consecutive title

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a while, but as we got our first ever CL win at home I thought I could post something to celebrate the occasion.

2-1 against Marseille and our CL group is crazy and every team literally can still win the group or end up 4th.

The match against Marseille was highly anticipated after what happened in the away fixture at Marseille. Lots of trouble in Marseille with OM fans throwing flares, rockets and other explosives at the away section. One 50 year old Frankfurt fan got hit in the face with a flare, blood everywhere, fell down the stairs and was not able to move anymore. He finally got out of hospital this week but will still have to undergo rehab etc. The Marseille fan who threw the flare was identified and will face an attempted murder trial. There were Frankfurt fans shown on TV showing the Sieg Heil gesture which have meanwhile identified and banned as well. Imagine being a Nazi and supporting Frankfurt of all clubs. A club that has a Jewish background and openly stands up against racism.

Prior to the home fixture said injure Frankfurt fan released a statement asking the home fans to stay calm and don't look for revenge on the traveling OM support and luckily it remained calm. Marseille fans were again throwing stuff in the neighbouring areas but police etc had everything under control prior to the game and afterwards.

The intro the home match was just tons of flares and flags to honour our late president Rolf Heller who passed away this week.

Overall I am really happy with our season so far. We play some really nice football, still have a chance to get to the knock out stages in the CL, are still in the German cup and at 4th place in the Bundesliga.

Can't wait for our ground to get enhanced over the WC break.

Last edited:
It's been a while, but as we got our first ever CL win at home I thought I could post something to celebrate the occasion.

2-1 against Marseille and our CL group is crazy and every team literally can still win the group or end up 4th.

The match against Marseille was highly anticipated after what happened in the away fixture at Marseille. Lots of trouble in Marseille with OM fans throwing flares, rockets and other explosives at the away section. One 50 years old Frankfurt fan got hit in the face with a flare, blood everywhere, fell down the stairs and was not able to move anymore. He finally got out of hospital this week but will still have to undergo rehab etc. The Marseille fan who threw the flare was identified and will face an attempted murder trial. There were Frankfurt fans shown on TV showing the Sieg Heil gesture which have meanwhile identified and banned as well. Imagine being a Nazi and supporting Frankfurt of all clubs. A club that has a Jewish background and openly stands up against racism.

Prior to the home fixture said injure Frankfurt fan released a statement asking the home fans to stay calm and don't look for revenge on the traveling OM support and luckily it staid calm. Marseille fans were again throwing stuff in the neighbouring areas but police etc had everything under control prior to the game and afterwards.

The intro the home match was just tons of flares and flags to honour our late president Rolf Haller who passed away this week.

Overall I am really happy with our season so far. We play some really nice football, still have a chance to get to the knock out stages in the CL, are still in the German cup and at 4th place in the Bundesliga.

Can't wait for our ground to get enhanced over the WC break.

Wouldn't mind a trip to the Waldstadion in February ;)

You are one of the best 4 teams in Germany and should finish in the top 4 in my opinion.

Wouldn't mind a trip to the Waldstadion in February ;)

You are one of the best 4 teams in Germany and should finish in the top 4 in my opinion.

Wouldn't mind qualifying for the CL directly via the league. On the other hand I would be pretty happy to just win the CL and then be automatically qualified for next season. ;-)

Jokes aside, I think we definitely are one of the better teams at the moment and if we didn't had so many injuries we might look even better.

Mario Götze, Jesper Lindström, Kamada and Kolo Mouani at times look absolutely amazing going forward.Signing Götze was huge, he is still a brilliant footballer and just does so many small things right.

Hope we don't lose any players over the winter break.

Congratulations on your progression @Bembeltown.

Hope to see you in the last 16.
Cheers! Was pretty nerve wracking but happy that we got it done. I think I read somewhere that we got a total of 32 Million Euro for our EL campaign last year.
Just from playing the CL group stage and advancing to the next round we already got 34 million which shows how absurd the whole system is.

I mean it was always clear that the teams playing in the CL had a financial advantage but as we never ever qualified for the CL before I never really looked up the details. That's crazy money for a club like us. Maybe we can take advantage and establish ourselves as a top 4 team of the Bundesliga so playing in the CL becomes more of a regular thing.

But in the end it just shows as well how big the financial gap between teams playing in the CL and the other teams are. If we don't fuck it up like Schalke and Leverkusen somehow managed to do we could set ourselves up for a decent future.

And now I have jinxed it....see you in BuLi 2 soon. :-(

But in the end it just shows as well how big the financial gap between teams playing in the CL and the other teams are.

Which is why this "organic growth" concept is just bollocks. If, like us in 2008, you are trying to break into that group in England, you need huge external initial investment of the sort they have condemned and outlawed.

Drawing Eintracht Frankfurt would be a brilliant trip. What an atmosphere thar looked against Marseille.

However, didn't West Ham get quite a bit of trouble when playing them in the Europa League last season?
If people are prepared to pay for me and my lad to travel and attend, we'll be fine. He was in with quite a few of their ultras last time we were there.

Drawing Eintracht Frankfurt would be a brilliant trip. What an atmosphere thar looked against Marseille.

However, didn't West Ham get quite a bit of trouble when playing them in the Europa League last season?
Our Ultras and Hooligan following is active and they are certainly no angels, but neither are West Ham. If you run around our red light district/drinking area in your club's colours and think you own the place you will certainly attract the attention of the local youth. Especially if you are a club like West Ham with a certain reputation.

West Ham attacked Eintracht Fans in London and even attacked German TV hosts at their home game when the two guys were on air because they cheered when we scored.

So yes...our place is not the friendliest and most welcoming to foreign fans especially on European nights but you will certainly run into friendly locals every now and then as well. :-)

I mean @cptaidan88 survived both a home and away game in my presence, so that got to mean something.

Just stay away from the "Gleisdreieck" at our ground when you got team colours on display. That might not end well. ;-)

Just flicking through and put Bayern v W Bremen.
In the stand opposite the camera is something i’ve never seen before.

About 40 supporters dressed in white dotted around other supporters advertising T-Mobile (the T-Mobile logo) wether its hoodies, jumpers or coats put on the seats - it’s new to me!

Not only have Bayern got T-Mobile shirt sponsors, advertisement board sponsors while the game is on, they now have supporters dressed in the stand to advertise their logo.
That surely takes the piss

I wonder if they get free tickets to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.