Bundesliga Thread - 2022/23 | Bayern win 11th consecutive title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps this will help people around the world more fully appreciate our final day performances.

They think it is easy, but it isn’t. The pressure is like a lead collar around your neck. You need to have not only the talent but the mentality to get over the line. Especially when you go down a goal or two, as we have several times.

You have to back each other and yourself to pull one back. Then another. Then to find the winner.

You have to have the belief; to be able to see it as not only a possibility, but an inevitability.

And that comes with experience and leadership. It comes from the touchline, from a manager and coaches that never think it is over. It comes from strength and grit on the pitch.

Dortmund didn’t have that. To be fair, most teams in the world don’t.

What we have achieved—and the way in which we have achieved it—is astounding.

We may never get full credit for doing it over and over and over again. But we all know.

And we’ll always remember.
This and then some. I still have The Villa game on my Sly planner. I was so relieved this year that we didn't need another down to the wire. The team can never be given enough plaudits - and they aren't by the Red meeedya for their achievements. I still fret everything I watch the QPR game. I feel so for Dortmund today. I hate penalties.

Feel bad for dortmund. It basically seemed absolutely identical to our scenario years ago but they had no aguero to finish the job
Whilst it’s a shame Munich rags won again I could never bring myself to feel bad for team that sings that scouse shite so serves them right for shitting the bed.

Nothing like the Dortmund we saw at our place and this may well go down as their worst home performance of the season against what was a very mediocre Mainz side. Borussia had plenty of the ball and applied pressure in the second half but had no cutting edge. A great crowd of 81 000 but a pity they had to see Munich win their eleventh successive title.

Nothing like the Dortmund we saw at our place and this may well go down as their worst home performance of the season against what was a very mediocre Mainz side. Borussia had plenty of the ball and applied pressure in the second half but had no cutting edge. A great crowd of 81 000 but a pity they had to see Munich win their eleventh successive title.
Koln not Borussia.

I really wanted Dortmund to win.

But when i read yesterday and this morning of their plans for the Dortmund victory parade on Sunday with the local authorities already closing roads in anticipation and crowd barriers being erected on Friday along the 5 mile published route I shuddered! There were even published instructions for the expected one million victory parade attendees on car route choice, public transport etc!!!!

There is forward planning and there is sheer arrogance and that was the latter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.