Bundesliga Thread - 2022/23 | Bayern win 11th consecutive title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adidas FC won the league with 71 points, which is 79 in a 38-match season. They are really terrible. Just about a top 4 prospect.

Closest I can think of immediately that comes to mind, at least in the last decade is when we failed to seal the title against United in 2017/18 after being 2-0 up, and heck we still won the title that season but that was absolutely gutting on the day. I wanted that one so bad.

Otherwise we've tended to fall on the favorable side in close situations. Even when we almost missed top 4 in Pellegrini's last season.

Can't imagine blowing a title this way on the final day. We almost did last season but our players dragged themselves up when it mattered.
Yeah, that was a hard one to take as it was a once in a lifetime opportunity and at 2-0 it looked for all the world like we were going to do it. As you say though, it's nothing compared to losing the title on the last day. The silver lining is we got the 100 points with the last kick of that season instead which made up for it somewhat.

I can only assume Bellingham though he was on the bench can in reality barely walk; because otherwise that would basically says he cares exclusively about himself and not a bit about the club that have brought him to prominence. I really hope it's the former.

Got to feel for Dortmund, their fans must've thought they'd won it when Cologne equalized.

Makes you appreciate the comebacks against QPR and Villa even more as it could've been oh so different.

I doubt many United fans have gotten over that feeling they had just after full-time vs Sunderland in 2012.

I'm just glad we haven't had to experience that yet.
I pray to God we never do.

Fck lucky Bayern.
Dortmund knows what pressure is when playing for the title.

We are fck fantastic.
QPR
Brighton
Villa
And all trailing.

If he has chosen to resist playing minutes, then he's not the player I thought he was.

He’s been playing with his knee very heavily strapped up since February, I think he’s more than proven over the last 3 months he’s prepared to put his body on the line to play through stuff.

If he’s said he can’t play, he really can’t play.

Feels a bit like a few people are looking for reasons to feel better about him maybe going to Real.

The biggest lesson in football is always win your games. Never rely on the other team to do the job for you.

There is a reason why we end up winning the Premier League every year and its because we win our games.

Dortmund had today had it on a plate and bottled it. Dortmund every year can't compete with Bayern. Even with Haaland they couldn't get anywhere near them.

Bayern Munich simply get the best players the Bundesliga has. They always get them from Dortmund who are too stupid to sell them to Bayern Munich.

German football has lost its competiveness and the players playing in that league know where the money is and its here in England.

Feel bad for dortmund. It basically seemed absolutely identical to our scenario years ago but they had no aguero to finish the job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.