Burnley (A) Post Match Thread

the rest will be good...they looked tired and knackered towards the end

We are 1 point further in front than we were this time last week. No need to panic.

Good grief...he was taken off because he was utter pish, like he was at Liverpool a few weeks ago. Did Kun miss two open goals, one from about a foot out? What's with all this shit with poor little darling Rahim, poor little diddums...don't let all those nasty men and their loud shouting upset you.
"brilliantly incisive" from Neville which got to Sterling?...For goodness sake, if his confidence is so fragile that it can be upset by a prematch fun chat with a pundit then he shouldn't be anywhere near our 1st team.
I must admit it is a bit worrying that his confidence and self belief seem to be low as he's had a good season and scored some vital late goals.
Before today's foxes paw why did Pep feel the need to bolster his morale with a man hug and kiss on Wednesday after he missed a presentable opportunity. It was a miss ( obviously) but not as bad as it looked initially as the replay showed there were three W Brom defenders who had got themselves back between Sterling and the goal.
Really can't understand why he appears to be lacking in confidence.

Two points tossed away.

We had a spell early in the second half when we missed chance after chance culminating in the Sterling brain fart.

Then we just faded away, injuries and fatigue final caught up with us.

Today was probably the first game where our substitution options looked limited, and we definitely struggled, once Burnley started to adopt a more adventurous approach.

Diaz might be a promising player, but at that precise moment, we needed a solid disciplined midfielder to replace Sterling, rather than a lightweight youngster who was trying too hard to impress.

The Sterling chance should have killed the game, but there were other opportunities when Bernardo, Aguero, and KDB, all chose the wrong option.

However, I've had worse seasons.

It seemed a no brainer at the time to bring Zinchenko on as he is more suited going forward, a technically goid footballer which would have helped us keep the ball, and helped out defendively in the latter stages.

Still overall it was a good performance.

I thought he was the biggest part of the problem, poor movement and link-up play, and too selfish at times.

If you think Kun was the biggest problem today then possibly you don't understand football very well.....generally, matches are lost/not won because of either missing lots of chances and open goals (like Rahim in the 71st minute) and/or terrible defending, for example, (switching off at a cross).
Hope that helps.

Baffles me the amount of posts from people stating how pissed off they are after that result -It does not and has not ever been better than this.end of..

Possibly because it's the "Burnley post match thread" and not the "Is this the best ever time to be a blue" thread?

Very wasteful today. I thought Sergio was decent earlier on but faded. and Sterlings’s display today showed us why we needed another striker! . What is of concern is Sergio is generally looking more like a shadow of the player he once was ( the odd performance aside), Sterling is still frustratingly inconsistent and Jesus, still waiting for him to produce , wasn’t scoring before his injury. – so we are looking light up top. I personally thought Kev were not near his best today but a lovely goal by Danilo and 16 points clear – don;t know , or want to know how the Rags are doing.
Those chances were being taken before Christmas. Ederson was my MotM – 2 great saves.
To be fair Burnley deserved their point. – did not try to ‘clog us’.

I thought Gundogan had a terrible game today! He’s been really good recently but not sure I can agree with you on today’s performance.
Shows how we all see things different. I thought Gundogan was fantastic. Classy, composed...just the rub of the green eluded him at crucial times..it happens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.