Burnley (A) Post Match Thread

13 points ahead with 13 to play
I'd have taken that in August.

Two points tossed away.

We had a spell early in the second half when chance after chance went begging culminating in the Sterling brain fart.

Finally the injuries and fatigue caught up with us and we finished the game as if in a trance.

Two points tossed away.

We had a spell early in the second half when chance after chance went begging culminating in the Sterling brain fart.

Finally the injuries and fatigue caught up with us and we finished the game as if in a trance.
True before Sterling's party piece that early spell early in the second half showed us at our most wasteful, but it's happened in many previous games but just not cost us.
Today it did.

While we're at it, City needed Some barrage baloons, searchlights and ak-ak towers the number of times the ball came down from the stratosphere today. One DM doesn't work under these circumstances - far too often Burnley were able to pick up the second ball putting pressure on Fernandinho. Gundogan has to step back( or a centre half step up) to help Fern out.
These tactics are pretty permanent from our opponents now - though Burnley did it in spades.

You are over reacting there out of context and not reading the thread.

Neville did a pre match one to one with Sterling and focused on him playing on the wrong wing and his new found scoring ability and egged him on to say how many would he score.

I did not say it WAS brilliantly incisive but an ex United player quizzing him on his scoring ability just before that miss will get into his head. It would with anyone. You could see how he reacted banging the ground. It effected him badly.

Confidence is a huge part of his improved game and Pep has helped him gain that. So any knocks are going to be a problem. I believe he needed that last 20 minutes to try to make amends. Had he done so he would be flying. As it is he needs that next goal now to get this miss out of his head.

Thats why I would have kept him on as we have too few forwards at present and we need them all mentally buzzing. Not still thinking about their last miss for which they were hauled off the pitch.

"an ex-Utd quizzing him on his scoring ability...will get into his head"........oh dear...you seriously believe that Gary Neville can get into his head and cause him to play utter mince?

If you think Kun was the biggest problem today then possibly you don't understand football very well.....generally, matches are lost/not won because of either missing lots of chances and open goals (like Rahim in the 71st minute) and/or terrible defending, for example, (switching off at a cross)

We didn't win this one because we didn't create enough chances, largely because Aguero gave it away almost every time we attacked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.